Ehsan Pakistan Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ditto, interested also in the Khaki top, but it will depend on when the order closes...

So when is the "drop dead" date on this? And who would I be paying... SouthBostonFJ or straight to Ehsan?

The whole idea of ordering Ehsan's on-hand inventory went out window when everyone wanted Khaki coloed tops. He has three and we need like 6 or seven I think, so there will be a longer lead time as he makes them. Paying Eshan is probably the easiest way to go. DO NOT send any money yet, as we don't have a final number on price or shipping because of the changes that have happened.

Should we set a close date of next wednesday January 16th?

Next Wed. is fine with me. I was just wondering about the date. Still trying to decide if I want to get full soft doors or soft upper doors.

Do you know if Ehsan ever reproduced the Jerry Can holder. I was reading another post and he was looking into it a couple years ago.

I am talking with Gr8fulabe about using a Freight Forwarder to save money and he believes that most shipments from Pakistan land on the west coast, not the East Coast. Not sure if that makes Boston the best ship from point once the order gets here. Where did the last few group buys land?

Alex, I want the rear quarter windows on that top...... sorry about that. Can you please add that in for me?

Chris

The 16th is fine with me as well. Could I also add to my order - extra material (appx. 2' x 2') ?

Thanks

I'm in the midwest, so no help for either coast - sorry

South Boston,

I just emailed you my confirmation.

Thanks again for organizing this clusterf*ck. :D

Doug

Below is the latest update...

Take a look and double check my work.

• Phrogg4evr- top/bows off-white vinyl rear quarter windows, canvas khaki trail top

SBFJ, after a little thinking, you can scrub the trail top on my order. The soft top and bows will workie fine for what I need.

Thanks mang

S/F
Kush

I am talking with Gr8fulabe about using a Freight Forwarder to save money and he believes that most shipments from Pakistan land on the west coast, not the East Coast. Not sure if that makes Boston the best ship from point once the order gets here. Where did the last few group buys land?

The last several shipments Ehsan has done via Air freight. Shipping by sea takes too long and a couple of orders had been damaged that way. I was in on one of the last two orders and it came via air. It didn't cost that much extra.

16th works for me as well. I am going to hold off on the Bimini just the full top and extra material for doors. Everything looks good for me on the list.

I didn't nescesarily want to be added to the list, but what the hell, I'll join in. The 16th sounds like a fine date. Lets do it.

Obviously, inventory order is out the window, sadly, my apprehension is that this order drags out too long, I don't want to wait forever for a top. And I'm sure no one else does. So, I vote to have a solid cutoff date, keep the order smallish. Seems group buys are pretty common latley, so if people are missing out, start another.

I also vote for airfreight, or the direct shipping or whatever we are looking at, slowboat just seems to be a pain in the butt. When I checked with Ehsan this fall, he told me the top and bows would be around 700 and DHL t my door was 500. To me that was a fine deal, I'm in the middle of the country, so no coast works for me, so when he said he could ship it direct I was fine with it. If you price a Besttop, Tigertop whatever, they are 8-900 dollars when it is all said and done. So the 1000 dollar range for one of his tops is a good price to me.

I guess what I'm gettign at, is if the group is up to making it go quicker, I say we pay extra in shipping, keep the custom stuff to a minimum, and hopefully he can get the extra few tops built quickly and out the door by spring.

Any objections to these ideas?

Hi all,

I know that you are all excited about getting your tops, but my 12 years of experience in Intl. Supply Chain mangement & Sourcing & Logistics, says that you would be saving a TON of money by going ocean & doing it yourself. Yes, you are looking at 4-6 weeks going via ocean, but how many of you will be throwing your tops on in January?

Even if you decide you definitely want air frieght, you will still save a lot of money going via normal air freight & using a broker, rather than DHL/Fedex/Etc...

Of course, it is your money, so do whatever you want, I'm just trying to help you guys save some of it.

As to damages, that can happen on any shipping method, not just ocean. I deal with it every single day. It is just a part of the risk of shipping goods from Pakistan to the U.S. It is a pain, but as long as you insure the goods, you are still protected.

Best,
Abe

SouthBoston - sorry for the change :doh: but can you add rear quarter windows to my khaki top.. thanks

for shipping i agree that they can be damaged on any shipping method.. but you can avoid water damage all together by going air - unless the plane crashes... i would go air, unless ship is that much faster and cheaper.

SouthBoston - sorry for the change :doh: but can you add rear quarter windows to my khaki top.. thanks

for shipping i agree that they can be damaged on any shipping method.. but you can avoid water damage all together by going air - unless the plane crashes... i would go air, unless ship is that much faster and cheaper.

Hi Ant,

Actually you can't avoid water damage altogether going air. Most 3rd world air ports stack freight outside on pallets while waiting to ship. If it happens to rain while your goods are sitting outside, they will get wet & stained. Also, depending on how the goods are stacked on the pallet, it isn't uncommon to find the bottom boxes have been sitting in a puddle on the ground.

This is also true of ocean shipping. The goods don't get wet while stuffed in the containers, it is sitting outside on a dock, waiting to ship that they end up getting wet. the real damage then comes when those wet boxes are stuffed into a hot container for a month.

best,
abe

Personally, I don't care if it takes a year. I vote for the best deal with the lowest chance of damage. I do not like dealing with FedEx or UPS when it comes to insurance. I have had to do it several times and they only insure the shipper. So if htere is a problem we can not claim it ... only the shipper. I would prefer a method that lets the receiver claim the damage.

Hi Guys,

One more quick thought that I left out earlier. My first suggestion was to buy these EXW or FOB so that you are in control of the shipping. In that regard, you have choice over air or ocean decsions. Either one will still save you money over buying them DDP from Eshan. Granted, someone has to do the work to get the goods here, but you will still save money. Basically paying him to do the shipping is just like paying the S & H that you see in catalogs. EVERYONE makes mone on the, 'Handling" part of it. it takes their time & effort, so they add to the bottom line to compensate themselves for that. If you have plenty of money to do so, DDP is nice because you just have to sit at home & wait for the goods. If you want to save a few bucks, taking ownership at port or at the factory will save you some. Also, (this gets nitpicky) but the term FOB only works for ocean voyage. If you are flying, but you want Eshan to be responsible to get the goods to the airport, the correct purchase term is FCA.

Again, I am more than willing to help you guys out on this in any way. My wife is a licensed U.S Customs Broker & works for an Intl. Freight Forwarder, so she would be able to help you guys out as well.

best,
Abe

ship = 1 year

many group buys have proved this to be true

Hi Johhny C,

The 1year time you speak of is not transit time, but total order time. That is because the past groups ordered things that still had to be made.

Maersk Line shipping containers worldwide

Follow the link to Maersk Sealand. It should show ship schedules, but if it doesn't come up, search for schedules between Karachi, PK & Long Beach, CAlif.

You will see the actual transit time is 32 days. The total shipment time would be a couple of weeks longer, as you need to have your goods at port early enough to be stuffed into a container & booked before the ship's cutoff date, plus the time it takes to unload the boat at Longbeach. But the shipping does not take a year.

Again, you guys make your own decisions. I am just trying to help out with info, since you guys are finally talking about an area that I have some expertise. It isn't often that I can, "give back" to the forum with knowledge.
Best,
Abe

Hi guys,

One more for you. This link will help to explain the different purchase terms I have been using.

Incoterms

Basically FOB/FCA/EXW or any other incoterm that puts chanes of ownership in Pakistan would make you guys the owners of the goods & the shippers. So, the insurance would be paid for and claimed by you (to respond to TLC4x concerns about insurance.)

Best,
Abe

Having been in on one of the last large orders, I know that Ehsan has already gone to great lengths to arrange for efficient air transport. It was hugely faster than by sea and he even built custom steel shipping containers to protect the parts. He also personally made trips to the airports and shipping locations and made sure the parts were on their way.

He's already done this many times and the only issues have been with customs and shipping by sea. I still think we let him handle it as he has done it successfully in the past. The orders have been getting done faster and shipping faster with each successive order. "if it isn't broke, don't fix it", right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom