EFI main relay keeps going out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for pointing that out after i already said it captain obvious...
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you are 12 years old. Welcome to my ignore list.

You must be REAL popular at parties.....
Just as an FYI the guy your in a pissin match with, just happens to be one of the MOST knowledgeable members on this board. He has years of experance working on these trucks and freely shares his knowledge. So you just might want to listen and learn something. If you don't want to listen, you can always go join pirate 4X4, it might be a better fit for you.

Just as an FYI the guy your in a pissin match with, just happens to be one of the MOST knowledgeable members on this board. He has years of experance working on these trucks and freely shares his knowledge. So you just might want to listen and learn something. If you don't want to listen, you can always go join pirate 4X4, it might be a better fit for you.
Like i give a $#it, people like him are the reason i hate using this forum, you try to give advice and they talk down to you like you're retarded wtf talk about toxic!

Anyway, after tearing into the loom of wires underneath the fuse box, I noticed previous owner had spliced in a new power wire To the EFI relay. Since I’ve owned this LC for 16 years, it must be a thing that goes out early. Splice soldering looked really good And wires all looked great as well. Then I noticed the female spade terminal in the box was being pushed down by the male terminal on the relay itself when connecting. Power wire wasn’t getting a very good bite on the relay. I’ll see how this plays out. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Anyway, after tearing into the loom of wires underneath the fuse box, I noticed previous owner had spliced in a new power wire To the EFI relay. Since I’ve owned this LC for 16 years, it must be a thing that goes out early. Splice soldering looked really good And wires all looked great as well. Then I noticed the female spade terminal in the box was being pushed down by the male terminal on the relay itself when connecting. Power wire wasn’t getting a very good bite on the relay. I’ll see how this plays out. Thanks for all the advice guys.
If you need to replace the relay contacts in the fuse box, they are available from Toyota and come with a 6" or so pigtail to splice.
Part # 82998-12060.

If you need to replace the relay contacts in the fuse box, they are available from Toyota and come with a 6" or so pigtail to splice.
Part # 82998-12060.
Thank you very much. Replaced contacts and re-wired the power cable. The old girl woke right up. The relay spade for that power wire was being pushed down and not connecting properly. Who would’ve guessed. She’s as slow as ever! Lol.

I don't know what modifications you've done to your 3fe rig, but for me I deleted the fan assembly during the desmog process. Furthermore my exhaust heat shield decided it wanted to return back to the Earth by rusting away.

Those two issues amplified the amount of heat being blasted onto the relay box.

In addition to upgrading the relay, and doing some wire maintenance I fabricated a small heat shield out of sheet metal to keep some of the exhaust heat away from the relay box (may also help with water splashes).

If you're not able to fabricate a shield, the aluminum automotive heat tape could be applied to the exterior of the box for a little added protection.

I installed ceramic tuned headers 15 years ago. If you have rust issues, that may be caused by a bad grounding issue. Make sure your new heat shield isn’t touching something it’s not supposed to.

If the connections in the relay box are good with no sign of old and crusty wires, replace the EFI relay with part number 28300-16010. It is a drop in replacement from a Toyota Camry starter circuit.
Dude, I got one used off EBay out of a Supra (new OEM From Toyota are $120) for $35. Jackpot so far. I’ll update it’s longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom