ECU TUNING - GX470 GX460 etc Release (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone!
This is Mat from OVTune.
It looks like this may be the primary place / forum that GX4xx owners discuss and communicate. We get a LOT of messages on our facebook and on other forums about the capability, possibility of tuning stock ECUs on the GX460, GX470.

We are proud to announce that starting monday (11/23/20) We are releasing full support for the GX460, GX470, Tundra 4.7L, Tundra 4.6L!

Features / Tables included are :
All Engine maps
- RPM Limit
- Fuel
-Ignition
- Torque
- Throttle
- Valve timing
and much much more.

We are still working on TCU support for the 5spd auto, it's a tough nut to crack, but we are confident we can do it.

With our vF Tuner software - users can unlock their ECUs right from home (if it is already in our support list) and gain immediate access to their vehicles Calibration.
Our software supports:
Editing of calibrations
Flashing calibrations to the vehicle over OBDII port.
Datalogging via OBDII
Flash Protection (if a flash fails, you can reflash and recover so long as you do not shut off the vehicle. Our software prompts you about this if it occurs. extremely rare scenario but nonetheless very important)
Ability to customize, share and collaborate with others.

We would like to discuss with you guys and answer any questions you may have.

Thank you.

$RUEATIZ.png

Hello Everyone!
This is Mat from OVTune.
It looks like this may be the primary place / forum that GX4xx owners discuss and communicate. We get a LOT of messages on our facebook and on other forums about the capability, possibility of tuning stock ECUs on the GX460, GX470.

We are proud to announce that starting monday (11/23/20) We are releasing full support for the GX460, GX470, Tundra 4.7L, Tundra 4.6L!

Features / Tables included are :
All Engine maps
- RPM Limit
- Fuel
-Ignition
- Torque
- Throttle
- Valve timing
and much much more.

We are still working on TCU support for the 5spd auto, it's a tough nut to crack, but we are confident we can do it.

With our vF Tuner software - users can unlock their ECUs right from home (if it is already in our support list) and gain immediate access to their vehicles Calibration.
Our software supports:
Editing of calibrations
Flashing calibrations to the vehicle over OBDII port.
Datalogging via OBDII
Flash Protection (if a flash fails, you can reflash and recover so long as you do not shut off the vehicle. Our software prompts you about this if it occurs. extremely rare scenario but nonetheless very important)
Ability to customize, share and collaborate with others.

We would like to discuss with you guys and answer any questions you may have.

Thank you.

Awesome sauce! Now I just need to find a tuner to tune the car. Does vf tuner have the ability to disable diagnostic codes? Ability for Speed Density tuning?

I'm pretty new to this concept. What knowledge would someone need to be able to get more acceleration or fuel economy out of a GX470? Are there "presets"? What are the dangers of messing with this stuff? Would you be able to do what pedal commanders etc. do?

With any tuning software, there is danger if you in blindly editing things, as it gives you full access to the "innards" of the ECU. Ignition, fuel, etc.

Is it possible to tune for better MPG? We have not tested but it it's likely possible.

No access to diagnostic code disabling at this time.
Speed density is currently not possible due to the fact Toyotas do not have MAP sensors (most don't) The ones that do, speed density may be possible in the future though.

We have some special patches though like our AlphaN Load Index patch that allows for much easier boost tuning.

Good to see this finally released! Super excited.

I had your setup for my 17 Tacoma, but looks like this is just an unlock of the ECU rather than tunes, is that correct? are you planning on releasing tune packs?

I had your setup for my 17 Tacoma, but looks like this is just an unlock of the ECU rather than tunes, is that correct? are you planning on releasing tune packs?

Also interested in this......

So if you can unlock the ECUs, does this mean you can take it to a shop to get them to tune it? And is a "tune pack" basically a pre-tuned ECU?

Have you used the OVTune software yet?

Not yet, I've got so many other projects in queue that will have to wait. I don't have any vacation time so my freetime is limited. s***, I cannot even get my GROM installed, running boards removed, rock lights installed, interior projects done or even a basic oil change/hose/radiator/sparkplug service done. :(

So if you can unlock the ECUs, does this mean you can take it to a shop to get them to tune it? And is a "tune pack" basically a pre-tuned ECU?
I believe so not totally sure. The tuner I got from OVtune for the Tacoma came with a couple different tunes, you had to "flash" the ecu to change the tune (not an on the fly thing, required a laptop to move the tune file to the tuner)

Watch @OVTune take over Tacoma World. From what I gather from TW, he will be providing a VF Tuner which is capable of tuning the GX. It’s a tuner not preloaded with new tunes, so would be upto members to tune and share. He might possibly do one tune for the GX which would be fine on it own or can be tweaked after. Hopefully he provides a baseline upgraded tune to load to the VF Tuner.

Watch @OVTune take over Tacoma World. From what I gather from TW, he will be providing a VF Tuner which is capable of tuning the GX. It’s a tuner not preloaded with new tunes, so would be upto members to tune and share. He might possibly do one tune for the GX which would be fine on it own or can be tweaked after. Hopefully he provides a baseline upgraded tune to load to the VF Tuner.
That's the thing, when they first started, they offered tunes, I had it for my 17 Taco, and their website offered them for several other cars, now I just see the tuner offered. I wonder if they got into a legal issue and so don't do tunes for liability issues.

The problem is I have 0 idea how or inclination to try and tune the truck myself. too bad because the tune for my Taco, though it was never a huge HP boost, really woke up that truck. Mainly throttle response and shifting (though I don't have any complaints about either with the GX even with 34's)

@OVTune , does this crack the immobilizers as well? The GXs offer some desirable drivelines for swaps if we can get around the immobilizer tech.

I previously tuned a 17 Taco manual transmission with OV Tune. I was actually a beta tester for the m/t. I can't say enough good things about them. If they develop a tune for the 4.7 I will buy it!

If they develop a tune for the 4.7 I will buy it!

This seems to be the critical missing piece here......will a tested and reliable tune be provided????

@OVTune any updates? Has anyone purchase and tuned yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom