Early pickup/hilux and 4-runner tech and classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YeahI saw that but no not going that route. Swapping the knuckles side to side was a deal breaker for me. There are other solutions

Must have been owned by the Partridge Family.

It reminds me of the autism awareness golf that vw did a while back.
IMG_1660.PNG

I'm pulling out a set of old school Longs from my mini truck front axle to put in a set of RCVs. The Longs will be for sale for $400 and I can have them at Razorback Ramble for pickup.

Edit to add: nothing wrong with Longs. Secured a gift certificate from a raffle for monies off a new set of RCVs, so decided to try them out and spend some money with a company that has supported our local club and park tremendously through the past few years.

2001 4Runner 4WD SR5 Sport (kicking the idea of selling). $6000.00 GULFPORT, Ms

260k religiously maintained
FULL T/B job done @ 220k (EVERYTHING including drive belts)
Radiator also replaced in fear of pink milkshake & 220k utilizing Toyota red coolant and radiator cap.
Valve cover gaskets done @ 220k
PCV valve, grommet, vacuum hose @ 220k (toyota oem)
All diffs fluid changed @ 220k
Transfer case fluid changed @ 220k
Trans fluid replaced @ 220k
New Cats front and rear 220k (walker brand)
New denso o2 sensors @ 220k
Plugs and wires done @ 245k (NGK)
Fuel filter @ 245k
Upper and Lower BJs @ 245k (Toyota OEM)
5100s paired with new Tundra TRD springs and new upper mounts @ 245k ( springs were purchased new from toyota)
OME 890s and LC rear shocks @ 245k
Airade JR intake pipe @ 245k
Goodyear Duratracs @ 245k
New battery as of last week
Taco whip mod
A/C works
Heat works front and rear
Cruise works
All windows and sunroof work
OEM yota hitch and harness installed recently
Aftermarket head unit as old one quit lighting up.
Leather is in good condition unlike many of similar age and lesser mileage.
4wd works and center diff lock engages
Never been off road other than red clay driveway (can be a pain in heavy rain lol but no mud holes ever)
No rust. Southern truck.

Always ran with Mobil 1 5W30 changed every 4k paired with a Toyota D1 oil filter (just completed)

It will need a new CV as the old one boot has torn. **** I HAVE REPLACED AND DID A DRIVELINE SERVICE(FLUIDS) AGAIN ****

It does not get driven much anymore as I have a boring company vehicle to drive now. Majority of the mileage has been hwy as I work an hour away from home (75 miles one way)

These are the only 2 pictures I have on the comp at the moment. I can get more but it will be during the weekend.

The truck is in Gulfport (home) and I work in Hattiesburg. Most of the mileage is from traveling up and down Hwy 49(75 miles one way) until I got a company vehicle and then just kept it sitting at home.

The wife would take it to pick up the kiddos at the school not even 5 miles up the road just to move it.

View attachment 1377014

View attachment 1377015

Last edited:
^^^my buddy in Texas never bought one and may still be looking. I'll forward info....

I'm pulling out a set of old school Longs from my mini truck front axle to put in a set of RCVs. The Longs will be for sale for $400 and I can have them at Razorback Ramble for pickup.

Edit to add: nothing wrong with Longs. Secured a gift certificate from a raffle for monies off a new set of RCVs, so decided to try them out and spend some money with a company that has supported our local club and park tremendously through the past few years.
Longs are out and ready for a new home. They look as good as when they were first put in the axle housing.

1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5

so much want

(even with the suspicious over spray underneath!!)

I got on mud to look at 60s and ended up on ebay looking at 1st gens.....just can't shake it even knowing I need 4 doors for kids (sigh)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Dammit. I shouldn't have sold all of the ones I've had.

IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0533.JPG
Before and after: ditched the 17" FJC wheels for the FN (f)x Pros in "Grogan Bronze".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom