Early pickup/hilux and 4-runner tech and classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

im definitely thankful they are selling me a tailhousing. Theyre bead blasting and pickling it too... whatever that means

I don't know what pickling means in auto parts speak, but my wife is a metalsmith and whenever she anneals (soften with direct heat) metal she puts it in a pickling tub to make all the fire scale fall off. It basically chemically cleans the surface after you scorch it.

Ah i gotcha. Thats how they get them so clean. Its not looking good for me to get any kind of refund on the tranny either. All i did was ask for a partial refund to pay for the new tailhousing. He has a "fundamental problem wit the way I presented that he sent a cracked transmission,"

All i did was ask for a partial refund to pay for the new tailhousing. He has a "fundamental problem wit the way I presented that he sent a cracked transmission,"

So let me get this straight.... a mud member sold you said tailhousing that is cracked.... you approached him and he doesn't "like" how you approached him??
Wow!

So let me get this straight.... a mud member sold you said tailhousing that is cracked.... you approached him and he doesn't "like" how you approached him??
Wow!

Yep. He sold me a "brand new never installed" Marlin W56B HD. for a few hundred less than getting it from marlin but i didnt have to wait for it to be built. That was the selling point. Now i can see he either sold it because it had a cracked tail housing, or it cracked in shippment and doesnt want to the right thing. Hes telling me that I do not have the mechanical ability to install a t-case to a transmission without cracking it.... even though I just sased my truck and did the elocker retrofit blah blah blah

Before
IMG_0665.JPG
After
IMG_0232.JPG

Thinking of selling my 4Runner and getting an 80. Shoulda traded rob when I had the chance. I listed it up for $16k

Thinking of selling my 4Runner and getting an 80. Shoulda traded rob when I had the chance. I listed it up for $16k

Listed it up where?

Any of you guys take apart a transmission before? Lol. Looks like I'm out for this weekend. I'd really like to get this thing off road at least once before crawl17 dang it!
To interrupt, there is the Razorback Ramble in Hot Springs, June 2-4 :)

You will regret going to an 80 if you actually want to wheel a rig after you have done what you have done to this rig.

Mini truck/1st gen 4R great for it in many ways.

I'm mainly looking to wheel level 3 type trails at hot springs. In the 4Runner or even an 80. Maybe an easy 4. I'm scared I'll mess up the 4Runner if I go too big. Also, back doors are super nice. Haha

The hundy is my fiancés. I daily drive the 4Runner. Some dude offered me a cummins 80 series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom