Early pickup/hilux and 4-runner tech and classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@G-Cat Love the new TRD style wheels, where did you source them? Wife has a set of FJ wheels she wants on the GX, but after I have them blasted and PC'd, I may be better served to put a few more dollars in and see if I can convince her to go this route.

I LOVE these compared to the FJC wheels.

They are the FN(f)x Pro. You will not find them on their website or elsewhere on the Internet.

Call the number on their site and leave a message for Dustin.

He is A+ and will return your call quickly.

I got 4 wheels, lug nuts (chose chrome over black) and 4 center caps (chose Toyota TRD over plain) shipped for $750.

I sold my 5 FJC wheels for $200.

I'd highly recommend these...the extra inch of width is perfect.

I hope you win her over...these are awesome.

@G-Cat Love the new TRD style wheels, where did you source them? Wife has a set of FJ wheels she wants on the GX, but after I have them blasted and PC'd, I may be better served to put a few more dollars in and see if I can convince her to go this route.
Sam can help you.

Talking to my dad tonight and he asks if I want my grandpas 1983 L diesel 2wd long bed pickup. Of course I say yes sir. It will be a week or 2 before we can workout the transfer, but was curious if anyone knows much about this little engine. @beno are there any parts at all still available for this series engine?

Talking to my dad tonight and he asks if I want my grandpas 1983 L diesel 2wd long bed pickup. Of course I say yes sir. It will be a week or 2 before we can workout the transfer, but was curious if anyone knows much about this little engine. @beno are there any parts at all still available for this series engine?

2L engine. Pretty s***ty engine. Known for HG's and cracked heads.

Yes, parts are available Matt.

2L engine. Pretty s***ty engine. Known for HG's and cracked heads.

Yes, parts are available Matt.

I will get the vin to confirm series, I was thinking it was an older L, but honestly have no idea. I'm not even sure I have the year correct, may be earlier. We will chat when I have more info. Thank you sir!

The 2LT was bad about blowing head gaskets but I know of several 2L's that gave many years of good service. They are dogs for power though. I still have one squirreled away out in the shop.

Oh yeah, you don't pull out in front of anybody if you value your life, but for Saturday morning trips to co-op and other little quick trips, it should be perfect. And to be honest, it has some sentimental value since its been in the family for close to 30 years.

IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
Replaced grill and headlights

Traded my 1986 base 4x4 for
IMG_0232.JPG
This 1989 SR5 4Runner
IMG_1012.JPG

Kept my wheels/hubcaps and tires

Pretty stoked.

I will miss my 22R and 5-Speed, but am happy to have P/S and A/C and seating for 5.

IMG_1008.JPG
High School buddy bought it in 1988. I bought it from him in 2000...so 17 years.

Has 132K miles on it...helped to see the ugly wheels from the 4Runner on it as I drove away...

Traded my 1986 base 4x4 forView attachment 1560788 This 1989 SR5 4RunnerView attachment 1560787
Kept my wheels/hubcaps and tires

Pretty stoked.

I will miss my 22R and 5-Speed, but am happy to have P/S and A/C and seating for 5.

Heck yeah man, Love me a firstgen 4runner. Im trying to talk the wife into letting me but the crappiest 85 and below pickup to cut up and bash around hotsprings with. In a perfect world, it would be an 85 xtracab pickup.

Going back to my roots...

20200320_110454.jpg

More to follow

Paint ain't the best, but it runs like a freakin' sewing machine. Picked up in Boone, NC. Parked for the night in Knoxville. Will head on toward nashville on sunday. Got another truck to pick up tomorrow while we are in town.

20200320_161015.jpg

20200320_161002.jpg

It kinda reminds me of the truck from Toy Story. It will be Erins new DD and shop truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom