Early pickup/hilux and 4-runner tech and classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any Ms brethren looking to purchase a well maintained 4wd 3rd gen 4R by chance??

Details.? I always know someone looking for something.

2001 4Runner 4WD SR5 Sport (kicking the idea of selling). $6000.00 GULFPORT, Ms

260k religiously maintained
FULL T/B job done @ 220k (EVERYTHING including drive belts)
Radiator also replaced in fear of pink milkshake & 220k utilizing Toyota red coolant and radiator cap.
Valve cover gaskets done @ 220k
PCV valve, grommet, vacuum hose @ 220k (toyota oem)
All diffs fluid changed @ 220k
Transfer case fluid changed @ 220k
Trans fluid replaced @ 220k
New Cats front and rear 220k (walker brand)
New denso o2 sensors @ 220k
Plugs and wires done @ 245k (NGK)
Fuel filter @ 245k
Upper and Lower BJs @ 245k (Toyota OEM)
5100s paired with new Tundra TRD springs and new upper mounts @ 245k ( springs were purchased new from toyota)
OME 890s and LC rear shocks @ 245k
Airade JR intake pipe @ 245k
Goodyear Duratracs @ 245k
New battery as of last week
Taco whip mod
A/C works
Heat works front and rear
Cruise works
All windows and sunroof work
OEM yota hitch and harness installed recently
Aftermarket head unit as old one quit lighting up.
Leather is in good condition unlike many of similar age and lesser mileage.
4wd works and center diff lock engages
Never been off road other than red clay driveway (can be a pain in heavy rain lol but no mud holes ever)
No rust. Southern truck.

Always ran with Mobil 1 5W30 changed every 4k paired with a Toyota D1 oil filter (just completed)

It will need a new CV as the old one boot has torn.
No worries as I will include a new one with sale. All you have to do is install it.

It does not get driven much anymore as I have a boring company vehicle to drive now. Majority of the mileage has been hwy as I work an hour away from home (75 miles one way)

Reason for selling is that I will be moving back to Houston and it will be a pain to tote 3 vehicles with me. I don't want to sell but sometimes we just have to bite the bullet.

Pics?

These are the only 2 pictures I have on the comp at the moment. I can get more but it will be during the weekend.

The truck is in Gulfport (home) and I work in Hattiesburg. Most of the mileage is from traveling up and down Hwy 49(75 miles one way) until I got a company vehicle and then just kept it sitting at home.

The wife would take it to pick up the kiddos at the school not even 5 miles up the road just to move it.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Last edited:
Forwarded to family in Tupelo.
great looking 3rd gen !

Thanks guys. I may just maybe able to trailer my ISF behind my GX. If the 4R does by chance sell I will be in the market for something slightly larger or would be possibly interested in trading into the 80 series because I do need the interior space that I am lacking with the 4R.

Just keep me in mind fellas.
Thanks

IMG_0845.JPG

This needs to be painted gray. Any tips on process? I know I need to do a chemical agent to clean it well so paint adheres. Someone hinted on paint codes but can't find that post now. Ih8mud.

View attachment 1377537

This needs to be painted gray. Any tips on process? I know I need to do a chemical agent to clean it well so paint adheres. Someone hinted on paint codes but can't find that post now. Ih8mud.
First, go get one of these. The rest is easy......

Painting-Robots.jpg

No prob man. That thread is the business. Make sure you get sem. It will out last any rattlecan on interior pieces. If you take your time it will look factory. My entire rear area is grey now. A lot of my front pieces were red or brown. Now they're all grey

***SOLD***

I, too, have a 2001 Toyota 4Runner for sale

We've owned it since April of 2012. In the last year, we bought land, built a house, bought a tow truck, and now prepping for horses. With all those changes, the 4Runner no longer is needed. We have taken good care of it and have extensive records for work performed back to when it only had 5k miles on it. Asking $5900 on CL. Would prefer to sell to someone in the offroad community that wil continue to take good care of it, and will take less to make that happen. Pics and more detail in the CL ad. Thanks for looking!

2001 Toyota 4Runner 4WD Limited SR5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom