Early 70s split bench- anyone have seat covers to lend out (1 Viewer)

I would like to send off my seat covers to have them made in leather but the ones on my rig went over the existing covers so there not the right size. The old ones are in tatters. Does anyone have either old split bench covers or newer set they wont use for awhile that can lend them out ? I posted in classifieds but no takers.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
As long as the original covers are still mostly intact, a good upholsterer can use them as a template. Maybe a couple pics to whoever you're planning to send them to and have them tell you if they can use them. (Wow, that's a crappy sentence, don't tell my English teacher,lol)

Looks like you may be in NY. Depending on where you are, I know someone on the NY/CT line that could do the leather for you. Not sure what your timing is, or his for that matter, but I know he’d prefer to have the seats and foam to make sure the fit is right.

Jdc1

SILVER Star
I would like to send off my seat covers to have them made in leather but the ones on my rig went over the existing covers so there not the right size. The old ones are in tatters. Does anyone have either old split bench covers or newer set they wont use for awhile that can lend them out ? I posted in classifieds but no takers.
If it were my rig, Id want the leather upholsterer to have the seats in house and build to fit your individual set. Leather is expensive and if the templates are not exact, there is a risk of the new seats not fitting correctly.

Yes that would be the ideal situation but their overseas. Seat covers have been installed on lots of rigs and the results and fit look great. I trust my guy if he has a pattern in hand.

That would be great. Let me know if you can disassemble. I would need them a few weeks. Then can return if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom