E-locker Wire Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theferg

SILVER Star
Threads
From Christo Slees site, regarding retrofitting e-lockers into a non-e-lockered 80 series:

"The harness from the switch position (to the left of the steering wheel) to the ecu position (in the right kick panel) is already installed."

So, do any of you crazy fluf wheelers who have non-e-locked FZJ80s want to pull this special wire harness and let me have it for *cheap*? I've got a price of it brand new from a special some one on this board, but I am trying to find one for cheaper. I also need the harnesses that connect to the actuators on the diffs if anybody has those...

----------------------------------------
Mod: Sorry if this should be in the WANTED section--I wanted to make sure all the 80s readers saw it...

-Ferg-

www.inchwormgear.com had some controls and harness wiring for taco and they said they could do 80 as well.

No sure on if it would switch functionality...but for something like $75....

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought of them, but that's more than just gettin' it from my good buddy on the board here.

So, to keep this thread on track, I want to see if someone is daring enough to pull their harness (that they aren't going to use) from their 80 and pass it on to another needy soul... :D

Junk, don't you have ARBs.... :p

-Ferg-

I built my own, according to the instructions at this link. A number of guys have used this (some guys have bought the one at inchworm, but couldn't get it to work, then used this design, and it worked).

http://67.122.16.97/carterman/4runner/mods/locker/

To be more specific, I am using the factory 80 series dash switch (like my avatar... :D ) and I need the harness that will plug into it. I am going to build my own ECU and I guess I could chop the harness ends on the actuators and adapt in my own harnesses there (though I would prefer to use factory toyota ones so I don't have to cut those off, but hey, ones already smashed up anyways...), but I definitely need the harness that plugs into the factory dash switch.

-Ferg-

That suggestion is already on my list as my Last Option... ;) In fact, there's an non-e-lockered LX450 for sale at a dealership right here in town... Maybe I need to go test drive it. ;) Anybody know if the LX450s are also already wired for the dash switch? I would imagine they used the same wiring harnesses in FZJ80s and LX450s...

C'mon, I know there are a bunch of you that have non-e-lockered FZJ80s and if you're thinking you might retrofit e-lockers, think about how much $$ the retrofit would cost compared to how much $$ it would cost to just get another 80 that already has them... :slap: You may as well just get ARBs... I'm not tryin' to find the whole wiring harness. I know nobody would want to go messin' all around in there like that, but since I just need the END of the wiring harness that plugs into the factory dash switch (that I AM using), I thought that someboday that has a non-e-lockered FZJ80 and knows that they will NEVER use it (aka, they will never retrofit e-lockers), wouldn't mind hackin' that end off and sendin' it on over to help out a poor soul... :)

-Ferg-

There be a junk yard about 700 feet east of me store what has a 94 in the yard. :flipoff2:

How much does it cost to ship a 30 pack of Keystone to zone 4? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom