E brake help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am currently changing out my emergency brake on my 71 (3spd) fj40. I have inclued pictures, when I'm trying to remove the retaining nut the whole brake drum moves. The truck is in 1st, e brake disingaged, retaining nut (castle nut) not even budging. Any help I would gladly appreciate.

916298C3-2067-4784-BA5D-AB6F74688DC0.jpeg

1) wrap a strap/chain around the drum and snug it up. Tie it to something solid and then loosen the nut.

2) take a long flat bar, drill two holes through it, slip it over two adjacent studs, tighten nuts down over them, and then allow the bar to turn till it bottoms down somewhere.

1) wrap a strap/chain around the drum and snug it up. Tie it to something solid and then loosen the nut.

2) take a long flat bar, drill two holes through it, slip it over two adjacent studs, tighten nuts down over them, and then allow the bar to turn till it bottoms down somewhere.

This may be above my skill level. What do you think about usinh an impact to get it off. It seems like God himself put it on.

Reread post 2 and/or post 3...and you will be done.

1200 lbs dewalt or your favorite brand will buzz that right off even if the cotter pin is still in there

As soon as I get a chance that's my plan of choice. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom