Dune Beige Color Code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the PPG number for Dune Beige? I know the Toyota number is 416, but I have parts at the paint shop now and the guy called PPG and they don't have a match.

Thanks

If your paint people are unable to use the Toyota code to produce the paint run the other direction now. My local hole in the wall place was able to pull up all of the old colors up on their computer and mix what I wanted with only Toyota codes.

In this day and age that answer is not acceptable from a professional shop.

John Smith said:
If your paint people are unable to use the Toyota code to produce the paint run the other direction now. My local hole in the wall place was able to pull up all of the old colors up on their computer and mix what I wanted with only Toyota codes.

In this day and age that answer is not acceptable from a professional shop.

Normally I would agree with you Mr. Smith, but the problem seems to be with PPG-they are saying they don't know 416 or Dune Beige-so he asked if I could get the PPG number that was used by a previous shop. I may have to drop off a piece for him to color match...
Thanks

Just got off the phone with my buddy who is a paint and body guy and he says if PPG does not have a code you will probably have to go with Glasurit or RM. He says that PPG specializes in more American auto colors and that Glasurit/RM focus more on the foreign car market.

He said when he does mix PPG sometimes for Japanese cars that the color match sucks often.

Last edited:
I used the 416 code when I got mine painted. But there is something to note: I used PPG Concept, but when I got the doors and hard top painted at a shop in winter they used PPG Global and the end color was slighty different (darker more green hue).

Here is PPGs website for it (I used 1975 as the reference year). The PPG code looks to be TOY416.

If your shop can't use that I agree run away quickly.

Since you are getting it painted at a shop, I suggest doing what I did when I painted my tub. Get a piece of metal tubing or chanel (or MDF which is what I used) and get it painted along with the cruiser. This "paint stick" can then be left in the garage to not get beat up wheeling and can serve as a reference if any new parts need to be painted. This has allowed me to get my rear doors painted to an exact match when the shop wasn't using PPG paints.

Excellent Website! I think the riddle has been solved. For some reason my model year (11/78) does not show up as having this color option, so I gave him the number for 79-80 which is 23754. I ll post some pics next week.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom