Dual circuit brake master cylinder on 1970. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
Is there a guide to do this?

We’ve currently got a completely stock braking system on our F powered 1970 40 series.

I’m upgrading to discs on ours and I’d like to know what master cylinder I need.

Thanks

I have a '70 and I'm running a ADVICS BMT-090 master without a booster. I'm happy that I tried it without a booster first because it feels fine to me.

What did you do for your lines? That Mc is only $70 on eBay.

I ran all new lines with 10mm fittings. @Poser rear disc conversion in the rear and toyota disc parts up front. I bought the rear brake line proportioning valve from @Racer65 and the firewall adapter from jt outfitters.

It was my first attempt at running brake lines and flaring ends. I bought a cheap flaring kit off of ebay and watched a few youtube videos on how to do it. It is really easy after a little practice.

I run an 80 seies booster and a 70 series dual circuit master on mine with fj60 front discs/runner calipers and 80 series discs/calipers. Works pretty good.

D

Is there a guide to do this?

We’ve currently got a completely stock braking system on our F powered 1970 40 series.

I’m upgrading to discs on ours and I’d like to know what master cylinder I need.

Thanks

1970 FJ45:

60 discs on a 45 housing, 1970 rear drums and cylinders, all new lines in 10mm, OEM dual circuit tee on chassis below MC, FJ80 booster and master, City Racer prop valve. Stops like a new car. The only thing I might do in future is lose the three-to-four bolt adapter and bolt in a later pedal box. It moves everything away from the curved rib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom