Driveshaft CV Joint Help ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
Hi Guys, I have a (custom) CV driveshaft that I disconnected at the diff to do some axle service.

I moved it around too carelessly while working and now the CV side is bound up now. :bang:

It seems that a dust cap popped off between the two ujoints and that some sort of spring-loaded pin in a ball/socket is what is binding up.

I'm pretty sure it's not damaged; just out of place. What can I do to hopefully get this to pop back in place without complete disassembly? I searched but haven't found anything good.

Not that it'll help, but here's a pic in it's sorry state...

DSCN2337.jpg

I did joints in a CV shaft long ago in my XJ days... but I don't recall anything more than that it was a PITA... so I don't really want to remove it and disassemble.

Thanks in advance. -Ed '70FJ40

That should never have happened.Its probably worn out.They are expensive 120 bucks for that center kit .That looks like the front drive shaft so if you see the little prick the needle bearings ride on and the spring there is vertually no hope of gettig it back in without disrupting the needle bearings.Good time to rebuild the joint.Dont use cheep u joints in this job its something you dont want to do often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom