Driver Door Lock Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 1998 LX. The remote locks and unlocks everything as it should but will not lock or unlock the driver door. Same for the lock/unlock button on the driver door - locks and unlocks everything but the driver door. Only the key in the driver door will lock and unlock the driver door (and everything else). Looks like something is amiss in the driver door - but what?

Door lock actuator failed. Look down the page for the huge thread on how to repair it for cheap.

Sam

x 2, I'll quote myself with the part number (That I used on my 2005) in it to save you some time but the thread is incredibly useful. Door Lock Actuator Replacement

Update on mine. I successfully tore the door apart without breaking most things. I cleaned, lubricated every nook and cranny thinking that might do the trick.

Nope, same thing.

So I took apart the "door locking assembly" that has the "door lock actuator" attached to it. I then proceeded to split the actuator and remove the motor (Mabuchi FC 280PC-22125). There are two types in the same standard length for those that didn't catch it. Ours, or mine has a flat side on the shaft to drive the worm gear.

I opened the motor and it was covered in what I assume is carbon from the brushes. One of the brushes is nearly gone so I've decided to just buy a new one. There are a few sellers out there, but I think someone here on Mud would be best to order from (Jon perhaps).

Anyway, that's my dilemma, I thought it was physical and just wouldn't be moved easily. Apparently that is how they're meant to be because these motors have a high rpm and nearly zero torque. In my case, I believe that by not having good contact points, my motor was barely turning and had zero force behind it.

So, there's my observation/hypothesis. If that doesn't work, then naturally I won't post here and I'll just save face.

:D

I kid, I kid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom