For Sale Dripping Springs, TX: 1990 FJ62 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(50, 85, 150)
1990 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 is powered by a 3F-E linked with a five-speed manual transmission (H55) and a 34mm transfer case from an FJ60 (manual linkage and not vacuum transfer).

The truck has been in Central Texas its whole life, except for two years when it went to Montana.

Other details:
  • Mileage: 209,257 (as of 04/06/24)
  • LED headlight upgrade
  • LED dash lights
  • The interior has been redone
  • 16” steel wheels with Toyo Open Country M/T, LT255/85R16
  • Perfect dash cap (no cracks)
  • Exterior paint is faded and much sun damage (clearcoat peeling)
  • Euro-style side mirrors
  • No rust
  • Upgraded JVC stereo
  • Full floor mats
  • The carpets are in perfect condition
  • Strong engine; regularly maintained
  • Front axle seals could be replaced
  • Small leak at rear main seal
  • The transfer case needs to be resealed
  • All windows work, but several are slow or sticky
  • Bulb behind speedo needs replacing
  • Compression test numbers:
  • #1: 135
  • #2: 125
  • #3: 125
  • #4: 125
  • #5: 125
  • #6: 140
  • Recent service completed by AJs Yotas on 02/18/24
  • Compression test
  • Tune up (replaced belts, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, distributor cap, distributor rotor, and set timing)
  • Oil and filter change
  • All Toyota/OEM parts
  • Rotella T4 15w40 oil
This 62 is not perfect, but it is mechanically strong and is a solid rig.

Priced accordingly at $26,000.

Link to online photo album -> 1990 FJ62 w/5 spd - https://photos.app.goo.gl/hoRKrdp5zL2EKtKGA

img004.jpg

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

img003.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

Just FYI: for anyone needing more information or for me to contact you regarding this listing, I am out of pocket during business hours this week Monday through Thursday. I will reply back to every question and contact everyone wishing me to contact them this evening (after 5:00 or 6:00 PM Central). And I will reply back in order.
Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult. I am in federal court, and in federal court the judge is top dog. Thank you for your understanding.

In the meantime, I've added some more photos into the online album, including a fun video of the 62 on the streets of Austin during the Snowpacolypse. Here is the link again -> 1990 FJ62 w/5 spd - https://photos.app.goo.gl/hoRKrdp5zL2EKtKGA

Thanks!

-Sean

Just FYI: for anyone needing more information or for me to contact you regarding this listing, I am out of pocket during business hours this week Monday through Thursday. I will reply back to every question and contact everyone wishing me to contact them this evening (after 5:00 or 6:00 PM Central). And I will reply back in order.
Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult. I am in federal court, and in federal court the judge is top dog. Thank you for your understanding.

In the meantime, I've added some more photos into the online album, including a fun video of the 62 on the streets of Austin during the Snowpacolypse. Here is the link again -> 1990 FJ62 w/5 spd - https://photos.app.goo.gl/hoRKrdp5zL2EKtKGA

Thanks!

-Sean
I’m back home now and can post more photos if anyone needs anything. Just let me know.

A couple more pics

IMG_5481.jpeg

758aa07a-5fcd-485a-aa66-66a3877697c0.jpeg

I owned this truck several years ago- it's actually the first land cruiser I ever drove back in 2013. @stridertexas has owned it TWICE - I bought it from him around 2019.

Under my ownership I replaced the driver's side knuckle and did a comprehensive brake rebuild from booster to pads with all new brake lines from @Rainman, OEM Japanese calipers, OEM everything...

I did the JP Speaker LEDs and Euro mirrors too.

If I had the funds I'd buy this truck back in a heartbeat.

Here are some pictures of the bottom of the rear doors showing zero rust.

FJ62-050.jpg

FJ62-051.jpg

FJ62-052.jpg

FJ62-053.jpg

Driver's side

FJ62-058.jpg

FJ62-059.jpg

FJ62-060.jpg

FJ62-061.jpg

FJ62-062.jpg

Looks like a truck that I nearly bought out of Lakeway (The Hills) a few years ago. Snoozed a day too long and it was gone. Wondering if it’s the same one.

Last edited:
I bet it is the same one you saw a few years back. The prior owner lives out in that area.

Hi Todd.
Absolutely a great idea.
I am in Miami right now taking my son fishing. I get back late Monday. How about later in the week?
-Sean

Hi Todd. I am back in town now. Still want to come down to see the 62?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom