SOLD 1989 FJ62 - Austin, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
I’ve decided to part with my beloved FJ62. Recently replaced the AC, which is blowing ice cold. Cleaned and adjusted the rear brakes in May. Powered by the original inline 6, no mods. Originally purchased this truck 5 years ago and put a lot of work into it to be sure it was mechanically sound (I have records of all the work) and it’s been well maintained since. Original interior is clean. All the electrical components work, including the original tape deck (and I’ll throw in the cassette collection). Exterior was repainted before I owned it and has some dings, but nothing major (other than a dent in the rear bumper that’s about 3” wide). Asking $28K.

(I'm having trouble uploading pics from my iPhone to my computer. Once I figure that out, I'll upload the other photos I have. Or message me and I can text or email them to you directly.)

IMG_9595.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg

IMG_9655.jpg

IMG_9656.jpg

I’ve decided to part with my beloved FJ62. Recently replaced the AC, which is blowing ice cold. Cleaned and adjusted the rear brakes in May. Powered by the original inline 6, no mods. Originally purchased this truck 5 years ago and put a lot of work into it to be sure it was mechanically sound (I have records of all the work) and it’s been well maintained since. Original interior is clean. All the electrical components work, including the original tape deck (and I’ll throw in the cassette collection). Exterior was repainted before I owned it and has some dings, but nothing major (other than a dent in the rear bumper that’s about 3” wide). Asking $28K.

(I'm having trouble uploading pics from my iPhone to my computer. Once I figure that out, I'll upload the other photos I have. Or message me and I can text or email them to you directly.)

View attachment 3452630

View attachment 3452631

View attachment 3452632

View attachment 3452633
Please, when you get the pictures set I would like the exterior, interior and undercarriage. Any owner's manual, bottle jack or tool kit? How many owner's?
Thank you, Robert Flash

From what I’ve seen, and what my mechanic has told me, there is no problematic rust. And none on the body that I know of. I bought it 5 years ago, made sure that it was functional as a daily driver. I bought it from a dealer in TN. Not sure how many owners had it before then. I believe it was originally sold in OR. I sold it to a friend after owning it for about a year, then bought it back from him in May of this year. At my wife’s urging, I’ve decided to sell this and my 04 Cruiser (listing forthcoming) and replacing them with a new 4 Runner. Sorry to be leaving the Land Cruiser community, and I hope this brings someone as much enjoyment as I have had.

What has the engine maintenance been like? I'm in Waco and am interested.
In addition to what’s noted above, here’s a summary (there may have been an oil change or two that I didn’t log, but this is pretty comprehensive, and includes some of what was done when my friend owned it)

5/16/17: 220K
Install new tie rod ends
Adjusted valves, replaced valve cover gasket
Tune-up and replaced belts and installed used idler pulley
Serviced transmission and installed shifter bushings
Oil filter, change

4/2/18: 233K
Oil change
Tighten drive belts
Remove, replace windshield wiper pump
Remove, replace rear door lock actuator
Clean, adjust, lube tracks
Replace antenna mast and motor

6/30/22 - Oil Change; Air Filter; Cooling Charge; Rotate Tires; All Maintenance

5/5/23 - Replace 12 of 16 Leaf Spring Bushings; State Inspection

In addition to what’s noted above, here’s a summary (there may have been an oil change or two that I didn’t log, but this is pretty comprehensive, and includes some of what was done when my friend owned it)

5/16/17: 220K
Install new tie rod ends
Adjusted valves, replaced valve cover gasket
Tune-up and replaced belts and installed used idler pulley
Serviced transmission and installed shifter bushings
Oil filter, change

4/2/18: 233K
Oil change
Tighten drive belts
Remove, replace windshield wiper pump
Remove, replace rear door lock actuator
Clean, adjust, lube tracks
Replace antenna mast and motor

6/30/22 - Oil Change; Air Filter; Cooling Charge; Rotate Tires; All Maintenance

5/5/23 - Replace 12 of 16 Leaf Spring Bushings; State Inspection
Thank you!

From what I’ve seen, and what my mechanic has told me, there is no problematic rust. And none on the body that I know of. I bought it 5 years ago, made sure that it was functional as a daily driver. I bought it from a dealer in TN. Not sure how many owners had it before then. I believe it was originally sold in OR. I sold it to a friend after owning it for about a year, then bought it back from him in May of this year. At my wife’s urging, I’ve decided to sell this and my 04 Cruiser (listing forthcoming) and replacing them with a new 4 Runner. Sorry to be leaving the Land Cruiser community, and I hope this brings someone as much enjoyment as I have had.
Don't do it!!

Keep the cars, sell the wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom