Drifta group buy feeler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting this to see if anyone may be interested in doing a group-buy for Drifta Drawers. Details from Matt Broadbent at Kakadu Camping in BC Canada.

As noted in his email (below), the real way to add some savings would be to have a decent number of same/similar orders. To give everyone an idea of what I’m requesting for quote: 76-Series Drawer Package with some extras.

Take a peak at the Drifta site to see if this interests you.

76/77 Series drawers:
76 SERIES L/C - STORAGE DRAWER PACKAGE $1525 - Drifta Camping & 4WD

Troopy Drawers:
TROOPY FIT OUTS - Drifta Camping & 4WD

Drawer accessories:
Drawer Accessories Page - Drifta Camping & 4WD

— email from Kakadu —

HI Nic,

Thanks for the email and interest in Drifta Drawers. We do indeed bring the drawer systems into the US… What we do is combine a bunch of orders into one of our container shipments coming from OZ shipped to our location here in BC. From here, we ship the individual orders out via truck freight across the US and Canada. The process takes about 3-4 months all up and generally each unit is built to order. A group buy would be great but to be honest each order tends to be pretty specific to the customers needs, and with shipping all going to various places, there probably wouldn’t be much in the way of savings by purchasing as a group, unless everyone bought the same setup and had it shipped to the same location etc.

If you let me know what style of drawer setup you’re thinking of, and your delivery location… I’d be happy to put together a quote for you.

Cheers,

Matt

My build-out will be pretty specific but I could go for one of these.
troopie-fit-outs104.jpg

I could use a few other pieces Drifta gear though if you want to save on shipping.

Shoot me a PM with what you would be interested in. I’ll start aggregating the stuff to see what can be done.

Not needing anything specific but just giving a shout out for Drifta product and Matt at Kakadu Camping. I've worked with Matt (or rather, Matt has worked with me) to bring in some stuff in the past, and he's been great. I've had some Drifta drawers in the back (Carback with kitchen and swap drawer) of the 80 since around 2013/14 and they have held up great so far. Not sure its in the design spec, but I've built a platform in the middle row and have been sleeping inside. So far so good. The middle row has been undergoing a redo this winter. Forgive the intrusion of an 80 series picture in the 70's section.

gb

Drifta Drawers and DFG Drop Slide.jpg

Last edited:
if only they did more rv style fitouts.... still on the lookout

I spent some time on Drifta's site.....wow.....can I order it all. Some really cool stuff. The solar panel for the windshield is super cool.

Matt quoted me $1800usd for my request in drawers+extras and $250 for freight from BC to Ohio. My build would be 95% assembled in OZ and shipped basically ready to drop in. That isn’t as steep as I was expecting. Notwithstanding, I’m really hoping a few more people can jump in on this to save freight costs from Oz to Canada.

I’ve toyed with the idea of a central shipping location where we can all meet, install whatever, then drink some beers.

Seems like no drilling is necessary which is a nice feature of the kit. I hate drilling into the floor.

Unless you’re wanting a water tank I believe the design employs the use of factory security points 100%

It did not @Corbet I discovered @TrekboxX a little bit after and I’m putting money away for an Alpha for my 100 Series. IMHO I think they’re the best builder in the US and have several options for the 80 Series.

hope you have good luck with Trekbox, good guy, was too busy for the small quantity of troopy stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom