For Sale Downey TBI Adapters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Downey

SILVER Star
Threads
Finally, I've approached a new foundry for casting the popular Downey TBI conversion adapters, got a better price, and a quicker delivery, should have whole new inventory right after first of year. These will cost the customary $139.95, but include the laser cut linkage mounting bracket, both gaskets, and all mounting bolts.

Is this to convert a 2f to TBI? If so is it smog legal?

:)

Is this to convert a 2f to TBI? If so is it smog legal?
Yep, for F and 2F. Not smog legal, we could never pass the cold start test, but once TBI went into close loop we were radically cleaner than stock.

I’ve been looking... can you guide me to a complete DTBI write up? I’m curious of the entire process, but don’t want to confuse the many generic tbi conversion write ups with an actual legit Downey conversion. Thanks!

The installation manual for Downey TBI conversion is already here on Mud under Downey Off Road link (which I've never been able to find, but JohnnyC can get you to it).

Thank you, both. Believe me, I did look for it...gunna bookmark those links. Thanks again!

No, you would not use one of my GM TBI adapters, BUT I do have two of the adapters you would need in my ebay store, tojoproducts@aol.com, or "thetojoman" on ebay stores, BUT Mud guys do not need to buy through ebay, I merely send you a Paypal invoice- - -easy deal.

Great. How much does the adpater cost? BTW, I had one of your Holley kits on my first FJ60 over 20 years ago and it was a great mod. Between that and your header, that 60 had way more oomph than stock.

$29.00 for either one, see ebay #252733193657 or 252713179220 (both modified for Landcruiser).

I only need the Holley 2300 flange to 2F adapter. Both have a 4 bbl on one side. 252713179220 looks like it is your original Holley to 2f adapter plate bolted to a 4 bbl while 252733193657 looks like one piece and won't work. If 252713179220 is the two piece and will fit the 2300 flange pattern, then I'll take it.

So excuse my ignorance but I am late to the game here: Is there a relatively complete kit available? I would/could be interested in a "complete" kit to get fuel injection on my FJ60 - or at least one that included a very specific shopping list for things more easily purchased at the local parts store that are not included in the "custom" kit parts you are providing Mr. Downey.

$29.00 for either one, see ebay #252733193657 or 252713179220 (both modified for Landcruiser).

I too would like to purchase an adaptor that will mate the FiTech 39001 to a 1985 FJ60 2F intake, but don't want to scoop it out from under bouytech on ebay. Do you have any more? I'd also be looking for a throttle cable/linkage conversion that would work with this if you've still got them.

I was waiting on an answer back about 252713179220 and now I see that it is not on eBay any longer. Did it sell?

buoytech, my #252713179220 sold because it has a Downey Holley 350 adapter built-into it's base. What you need to adapt the FiTech 39001 or Holley Sniper 2300 EFI to your Landcruiser engine is in fact my Holley 350 adapter. I presently have two of those adapters, both still need to be sandblasted/restored, one is already asked for, sooooo that leaves one left for you- - -lemme know if interested..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom