Builds dougbert's future 350 swap: How much torque is too much? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

good news is that the PSA value is <.01 which is the bottom of the scale. What this means is that the prostate cells are hibernating because of no testosterone in my system due to the hormone therapy and that some of the cells probably have died. In this weakened condition the radiation should kill more of the cells. 37 more days of radiation to go

Got several items on the 60's list
dougbert

wow - I have neglected this for over a year and a lot has happened
been working on the k1500 with a 5.3L, getting it to a better condition (see link in sig). Daily Driver at the moment
my commuter car (2004 cavalier) blew its timing chain last January and finally almost have it work again.
wife's pathfinder lost a fuel pump this week as well

well healthy wise, the cancer is no longer detectable at this time.
I wounded my left foot and got staph and e.coli infected, almost had part of it removed, but recovered
right foot, I tore 70% of my achilles tendon
and got a new nickname: lucky
At least I can hobble and barely drive but I do it

Anyway, new work started on this idle project. Got a guy looking at the 350 engine to find the 'tick' and fix
I am going to remove the 4 speed and the overdrive Ranger unit and stick in a 700r4 automatic and utilize the Advance Adapters adapter to mate with the toyota transfer case.

Why you are asking?

well this rig was going to be used by my wife, and she (we) have found out she no longer has the strength to do the clutch activity, so switching to an auto. She is 77 so time to give her comfort

I have bought a used 1991 700r4 ($150) (see pics) and plan on rebuilding it myself. Pictures have the new engine stand mount I just got to hold fast the transmission

GM Transmission Repair Fixture........Bolts To An Engine Stand
GM Transmission Repair Fixture........Bolts To An Engine Stand | eBay
seller: mrmic7

picture from the ebay ad:
s-l1600.jpg

picture of my 700r4 draining fluid this morning

700r4 on stand 1.jpg

from different angles

700r4 on stand 2.jpg

700r4 on stand 3.jpg

my plan is to get a Monster Transmission in a Box from monster transmission.
700R4 Mega Monster Transmission Complete Rebuild Kit: 1987-93

the above kit and a new converter (1800-2000 stall) for $800

AA adapter is $700 about
https://www.advanceadapters.com/pro...-to-toyota-land-cruser-19-spline-adapter-kit/

new front output yoke for the TC is $210
https://www.advanceadapters.com/pro...-clearance-front-drive-shaft-19-spline-tcase/

twin stick for the TC is $250
https://www.advanceadapters.com/pro...60-and-fj62-universal-twin-stick-shifter-kit/

700r4 rebuild DVD - have watched it several times and will do some more to learn what each component is and the process - $29.99 by amazon prime
Complete 700R4 Transmission Rebuild DVD

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KKPU59U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Auto shifter - maybe Lokar auto shifter $170 to $330

and hope to sell the Ranger overdrive for something

any insights, concerns, thoughts or options are welcome

dougbert

Last edited:
Same thing.

I've been thinking about you from time to time.
Thanks for updating your thread. Makes me smile. If you're lucky, your cruiser will never be "done". Then you'll always have a fun project to work on. Projects are important. Perfectly running vehicles aren't.

Got the transmission disassembled into the major components, but haven't taken them apart yet.

First will be cleaning the case.

pictures will be coming

dougbert

I just received the 10 year anniversary award

wow, that went by fast

maybe I should get her finished this year

dougbert

Have you finished ?

no I got sick and old, the dream can no longer be reached by me
in the process of selling the dear - but it was fun doing what I could

no I got sick and old, the dream can no longer be reached by me
in the process of selling the dear - but it was fun doing what I could
well, @norsk, know that you educated, inspired, and entertained many of us that like to wrench and wheel these 60-series land cruisers! A well-deserved Tip o' My Hat to you, sir! Your project was above and beyond what most here would ever contemplate taking on. I hope that your 60 ends up with a new owner worthy of its legacy. Thank you for being a part of our collective journey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom