Door/Window Piece (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Does anybody recognize this part? It was in the bottom of my door when I took the panel off. I was guessing a window stop or something, but I can't find anything on the EPC.

door piece.jpg

Looks like the stopper from the end of the horizontal regulator rail.

Turns out this is the bumper for the door strap on the inside of the door. It's not available as a separate part number from Toyota, and the strap is also discontinued.

Door Strap-sm.jpg

Electronic Parts Catalog.

I would pretend I didn’t see it and move on

Junk yard. Should be plenty available
There was a time when this was true. Gen1 4Runners and Gen2 trucks are not as common in the boneyards as they used to be.

There was a time when this was true. Gen1 4Runners and Gen2 trucks are not as common in the boneyards as they used to be.

And when they do show up they're picked clean in a matter of seconds....

I was ecstatic to hear an 85 popped up in a junkyard here. When I went to look at it all that was left was the bare cab shell.

I bet you could used a 2nd gen 4runner which is always in the junk yard cause the 3.slow or 80's/90's camry or corolla. Check all Toyota's from that era.

I bet you could used a 2nd gen 4runner which is always in the junk yard cause the 3.slow or 80's/90's camry or corolla. Check all Toyota's from that era.
Mind reader. There is a 1986 pickup at the boneyard that I will look at tomorrow, rain permitting. There is also a 1990 4Runner. I will pull the door stop from the '86, and walk it over to the '90 and see how they compare. I might even pull the stop from the '90 and walk it over to the '86 and see if it fits. Pictures online suggest it might work.

Nice morning at the boneyard. I looked at three trucks. Funny, they all had the same door check.

1986 pickup (same as mine)
1990 4Runner (Gen2)
1995 4Runner (Gen2)

Left was from the 1986. Right was from the 1990. The only difference I could see was the pin was different.
Part number for the Gen1 4R/Gen2 Truck = 68610-89102, discontinued
Part number for the Gen2 4Runner = 68610-35030, $120.68 list.

1986 and 1990 door strike-sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom