Door was painted fresh, but doesn't match the whole car. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently had my door painted, but now since the rest of the car has faded clear coat, I got this shiny door.

Is there a way I can speed up the "fading" process for the newly painted door to match the fade of the rest of the car?

I just recently had my door painted, but now since the rest of the car has faded clear coat, I got this shiny door.

Is there a way I can speed up the "fading" process for the newly painted door to match the fade of the rest of the car?
No, you have to have a professional match the faded paint and blend it into the surrounding panels.

You could sand the paint with a Scotch Brite pad. It will never match though. You'd be better off polishing the rest of the car, and making do with whatever you end up with.

You could sand the paint with a Scotch Brite pad. It will never match though. You'd be better off polishing the rest of the car, and making do with whatever you end up with.

Yeah the color is ok, but the clear coat is a bit too shiny. I know I won't get a perfect match, but it just looks a little off. Is the pad good to dull the shine a little bit?

I just went through the same thing almost. I got my fender flare holes filled in and those panels got new paint and clear coat. So, I ended up with the whole side getting new clear coat... except for the front doors. My body shop guys answer was to polish up the old paint for me and now it looks like a close match. Do you have any pictures?

Here's the most unflattering picture I have of my rig. You can kind of tell the front door isn't as shiny but it's not noticeable in person.

Here's a picture that's more representative of what it looks like in person:

Yeah the color is ok, but the clear coat is a bit too shiny. I know I won't get a perfect match, but it just looks a little off. Is the pad good to dull the shine a little bit?
Anything you do to the new paint will dull it somewhat. You could start by polishing everything, then hit the shiny panel with heavy duty compound to dull it up more. Or just wait until you get some dust on the whole thing.

Slap a toupee on and stand in front of the shiny door as a distraction, send pic please. That’s all I got.

Move to Arizona, one summer out in the sun, and your newly clear coated door will match the rest of your truck.

Have the body shop scuff the rest of the body and shoot clear. It will be like a new paint job, but a fraction of the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom