Door panel wood trim from LX swappable to LC door panel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I didn't have any luck with my search terms. The LX comes with nice wood trim on their door panels (see pic below). Can that be swapped into our LC door panels relatively easily? Or is it an involved custom job?

And if it can be done, is the trim still available from Lexus?

TIA!

LX

attachment.php

LC
door panel.jpg

You have to cut holes in the LC panels for the wood trim to work. It isn't a very difficult job just takes a while. I got used panels from a wrecked rig and put them in my LC

Search for Romer's leather seat thread. It shows some detail about how the woodgrain mounts to the panels.

Last edited:
Not sure if it will fit, but do not see a reason why not. The real question is why add more woodgrain when most folks dump it since it craps-out with age. Happy my rig has been de-wooded, but to each his own.

:cheers:

Steve

ERG80, thanks for the help. I found the thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/217863-installation-replacement-leather.html and it has pics of it =-)

Steve, it looks like it should fit. Why do I want it? Because my wood grain (my interior as a whole honestly) is in almost mint condition. And even if it wasn't, with new Lexus wood grain inserts, I could easily match & replace all the rest of the wood trim with a new set. I think it makes the interior look a heck of a lot nicer. Very classy IMO. But like you said, to each his own.

You're welcome.
If your interior's in good shape you won't need it but the LXs also have a nice molded wood trim piece on the shifter console too.

You're welcome.
If your interior's in good shape you won't need it but the LXs also have a nice molded wood trim piece on the shifter console too.
Yea I saw that ;) I emailed a pic of it to the Lexus dealer (cuz I don't know the part #), and hopefully will find out if it's still available - and for a reasonable price. If so, I'm gonna get both, for all the doors, and then prob. color/pattern match a dash kit for the rest of the trim. I think it'll look sweet.

Well...dealer said they're discontinued. So I gotta try a different dealer just for good measure. If not, guess I'm left with trying to buy used door panels off of the LX guys...

OR...they still have the plastic pieces (not wood trim). I could buy 'em and get 'em covered in wood trim (there are shops that will do that). So we'll see...

Superior Dash has a burlwood color/pattern that matches almost perfectly.

Awesome. Prob is I'd have to get ahold of that plastic door trim piece to get it covered, cuz we don't even have that piece in our 80s.

So all the parts (long door trim + LX style window control trim) are available in plain (then I'd hafta have 'em covered in wood grain) except for the rear right long door trim piece; it's discontinued. Which now leaves me wondering how hard it would be to source these parts used...

My LX wood came from the mud member named Bowser. He has a bunch of vehicles hes parting out so you may check with him or keep an eye on the classifieds for someone who's parting one out.

Does your truck have a grey or oak interior? Wondering because the LC door pic you posted above was grey.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll PM him.

And my 80's interior is gray. But that wasn't a pic of my LC. That was one I grabbed off the net real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom