Door Locks Lock and unlock on their own-2000 LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anytime I open a door and then close it, the doors lock and then immediately unlock all on their own. It doesn't matter if I've used the key fob to unlock them or if the truck has been left unlocked. Anytime a door is opened with all other doors closed, the locks lock and unlock on their own. After I have pressed the lock button on the remote, all doors stay locked.

Has anyone else had this problem? More so concerned about cycling the locks so much to the point they wear out prematurely.

Thanks!

Heat & direct sun on the doors causes the actuators to mess up. Mine does the same and is a common issue. Do a search for door lock actuator and you'll find a bunch of info and how to replace them.

Door Lock Actuator Replacement
Thanks for the tip. Temperature has not been a factor for me as it does this year round here in Colorado.

Edit: I should clarify, they always unlock and lock, so that is not the issue. The motors seem to operate fine. The doors lock perfectly when I lock the vehicle either manually by the door lock button or the remote lock button. It's just a matter of anytime I open and then close a door, the locks cycle from locked to unlocked every time, which made me initially think it was some kind of programming issue.

Last edited:
I’m expiriencing the same issue but sometimes when I run my car for the ac and close the door it will lock all doors except the drivers and then it won’t let you unlock them with the power switch. Real pain with 3 kids yelling at you to get in the car when it 90+ out. If I get to the bottom of it I will share it here

My LC started having this same issue a couple weeks ago. Did you ever find the reason for the issue? I have replaced the actuator on the drivers door in the past. I check all doors when this happens and they all seem to be locking and unlocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom