done!!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by erics_bruisers, Sep 6, 2003.

1. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

I'm at 75K miles, but I've got a '94, so I figured it was time to replace some of the electrical stuff --

-- well, what a JOY this was -- really -- not a toughie at all -- I used the Bosch Platinum x2 plugs -- I wasn't about to pay $14 per a Denso Iridium plug if I still have to replace it every 30K miles --

-- the air tube (crossover) was a bitch to get back on -- one thing, when I had the new plugs, wires, rotor and cap on, I tried starting my truck, partially disassembled --- it wouldn't start -- the PCVs must need to be plugged in --

-- also, it's odd, when the engine's at idle and I open the oil fill cap, the revs go down reaalll low, like it's gonna stall -- when I put the cap back on, all's okay -- I'm sure there's some odd theory to that, but I don't know it --

-- anyway, an enjoyable day with my cruiser -- I even cleaned up the engine bay a bit, too... :) :) :)

eric

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    Eric,

The crankcase is sealed, removing the oil cap creates a vacuum leak. Having the PCV valve unhooked creates a huge vacuum leak.

3. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

oohh -- thanks, dan --

-- i also did my 3rd flush of synthetic ATF -- got 5.5 quarts out today -- I'm done with flushing for the season!

e

4. landtoy80

landtoy80

As you don't have many miles this might not be a concern but next time you service plugs you might want to check valves, replace the valve cover gasket and sparkplug tube gaskets. I don't know if the sparkplug tube gaskets get old with time or mileage.
    kurt

5. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    Yup, I got around to doing plugs, air filter, cap, rotor, PCV and wires this weekend. Really runs well afterwards...

-H-

6. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

mine runs really well, too, H -- that is, after I figured out I had cylinder #2 and #6 wires crossed -- doh!!

eric :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.