done!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm at 75K miles, but I've got a '94, so I figured it was time to replace some of the electrical stuff --

-- well, what a JOY this was -- really -- not a toughie at all -- I used the Bosch Platinum x2 plugs -- I wasn't about to pay $14 per a Denso Iridium plug if I still have to replace it every 30K miles --

-- the air tube (crossover) was a bitch to get back on -- one thing, when I had the new plugs, wires, rotor and cap on, I tried starting my truck, partially disassembled --- it wouldn't start -- the PCVs must need to be plugged in --

-- also, it's odd, when the engine's at idle and I open the oil fill cap, the revs go down reaalll low, like it's gonna stall -- when I put the cap back on, all's okay -- I'm sure there's some odd theory to that, but I don't know it --

-- anyway, an enjoyable day with my cruiser -- I even cleaned up the engine bay a bit, too... :) :) :)

eric

Eric,

The crankcase is sealed, removing the oil cap creates a vacuum leak. Having the PCV valve unhooked creates a huge vacuum leak.

oohh -- thanks, dan --

-- i also did my 3rd flush of synthetic ATF -- got 5.5 quarts out today -- I'm done with flushing for the season!

e

As you don't have many miles this might not be a concern but next time you service plugs you might want to check valves, replace the valve cover gasket and sparkplug tube gaskets. I don't know if the sparkplug tube gaskets get old with time or mileage.
kurt

mine runs really well, too, H -- that is, after I figured out I had cylinder #2 and #6 wires crossed -- doh!!

eric :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom