Donaldson air pre-filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Donaldson is known for making high-quality filters. I want to replace the simple intake atop my snorkel with an actual filter.
Has anyone had experience with Donaldson filters in this application, and what's the best one to use for an FZJ80?

I run a Top Spin HD. It’s an all metal unit and actually a bit heavy for the standard Safari snorkel. I had to swap out the A pillar square plastic screw nuts for Nutserts as I had the screws shear out on a trip. Other than that, it does a great job at keeping my air box clean, as well as the tuna can. I can’t remember the part number on the one I went with. It took a bit of research. I think I am running a rubber sleeve between the snorkel and the pre cleaner so it may be a 4” inlet diameter. Similar specs to a Sy-Klone 9001.
1EEACF70-88B1-4D83-AA8E-2E1331464908.jpeg
7DE1EBC9-9591-4606-8BBF-FC6200243322.jpeg

I looked at the Donaldson cyclonic pre-filters, but ended up going another route on my rig. Wrote about it here if you're interested in other options:

I run the larger Donaldson cyclonic filter on my 80, started with the smaller version, but didn’t like the “swoosh” noise it created and switched to the larger version. I find it very effective for catching dust before it enters the filter housing,
which I think is the biggest (only?) reason that I have a snorkel.

Kurt @cruiseroutfit sourced them for me ~10 years ago, I would give those guys a call.
F9903E1C-8EA0-4AF6-BBB8-2558A468C9E8.jpeg

I run the larger Donaldson cyclonic filter on my 80, started with the smaller version, but didn’t like the “swoosh” noise it created and switched to the larger version. I find it very effective for catching dust before it enters the filter housing,

Kurt @cruiseroutfit sourced them for me ~10 years ago, I would give those guys a call.
View attachment 3197633

We still stock the Donaldson‘s @ Cruiser Outfitters. Sold many of them for Safari Applications over the years. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com

View attachment 3197633
OT but how are your fog/amber lights on ARB setup? Is it a mount they are on?

OT but how are your fog/amber lights on ARB setup? Is it a mount they are on?
They are the Baja Designs flush mount versions mounted in an angled housing to help compensate the angle of ARB bumper that a friend designed and machined at his manufacturing company.

E9C8EC8F-DAB5-422F-ABF6-550254D96AA3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom