Doetsch tech shocks

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 73lndcrsr, May 13, 2003.

1. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr

Can Doetsch tech shock be mounted upside down? I seem to remember reading this somewhere, but i can't find it again.

Thanks in advance.

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    my rears are can-up, outta switch the fronts...no problems with leakage. They are NOT 50-50 valved, so it does change dampening characteristics slightly.

3. Trevor

Trevor

I don't get it. This came up on CCOT's bulletin board a while ago. If a shock is valved for "X" in compression and "Y" in extension, those numbers are constant no matter if the shock is upside-down, downside-up, leftside-right, etc. Mounting a shock upside down doesn't change the fact that it is in compression when your suspension hits a bump.

What am I missing?

4. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    hhhmm...It's been my understanding that the valving on a shock gets messed when positioned upside down...IIRC, rancho even states that for their 9000 series to work the can must be down...

anyone else with info?!?

5. bernefj60

bernefj60

I ran doestch tech's flipped on my first 40 - no adverse expereiences. Althought there might be some effects, i didn't notice any.

Though i will say that will 36" bias ply Swampers, it's hard to notice anything but the tires.

Rob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.