Doesnt tunr over :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alrighty, ive search and didnt really find anything, though i may have missed it. Just finished up a desmog on my 83 2f. I tried to crank it, and it wouldnt turn.

Its getting late, so im leaving it for another time. I didnt rebuild the dizzy or carb. I also have no spark.

These are my plans, new plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor, coil, seafoam the carb. Ill also play with the timing of course.

Anyway, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!

Luke

Make sure the coil leads are tight and also that the coil has a good ground. Might have bumped a wire loose. Battery cables are clean and tight? Gotta ask.

won't turn?

I tried to crank it, and it wouldnt turn. As in not turning over at all?? First things first , Battery charged , connections clean /tight? Fuses and links good?

If the starter was not spinning the engine, then I wouldn't jump in and start replacing ignition parts to fix that problem. You need to check your battery connections, fuseible links, engine and chassis ground connections and the starter motor.

edit...oops. Joe beat me to it.

It was turning over, it just wouldnt start. Ill check all that after work, hopefully it was just me being tired and its something simple.

My 85 did this and i found out it needed new starter contacts. So $70 dollars later
i was back on the road. My .02 cents.

JimK

So did you already pull the dizzy? Check the wires to the coil.

If it turns over but wont start then it just about has to be the signal generator, coil, or distributor. Start at the sig gen and test working to the coil. find the broken link. I had this problem and it was the coil in the dizzy, but on a lot of these its the signal generator that goes bad.

Last edited:
Or...

If it turns over but wont start then it just about has to be the signal generator, coil, or distributor. Start at the sig gen and test working to the coil. find the broken link. I had this problem and it was the coil in the dizzy, but on a lot of these its the signal generator that goes bad.

If it turns over but won't start, it could be spark or fuel related couldn't it? Fuel delivery isn't off the table. spray starter fluid in the carb and turn it over, if it acts like its trying to start then its fuel delivery, if no change then its spark related...right?

clogged fuel filter, outta gas, carb issue, fuel pump yada yada

fuel delivery is out of the question, ive checked that, its just spark. :)

He said in his first post he had no spark. I was working towards that problem. Once he gets spark and then it still wont start I would start on secondary problems.

yeah yesterday as i was lazy and what not, my brother did the spark test, no spark, so i turned it while pumping the throttle, and he told me it smelled like it was flooding, so i know its getting gas.

it needs to stop raining long enough to do something! haha:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom