Does the bestop bikini give you much sun/wind protection? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Or is it just as much as a bikini might? (No personal experience with one but maybe some of you guys...)

I've got $75 for Amazon which is about what this thing costs shipped. And I've got a set of the soft top rails sitting at home.

Not alot, but some, if the sun is directly above you, it does shine in from all sides though. And for wind, well it actually pulls the wind in from the back, so when it rains you need wipers on both sides of the the windshield. But it is better than nothing over you. I love mine.

Sun - yes.
Wind - Not in my experience as i usually run without doors. I would imagine if you run with a bikini and doors that would help a lot more than just a bikini.

Good luck!

I forgot...blueflame is right. It does suck in wind (and rain) from the back. I run mine for about 8 months of the year, then put on my soft top for the winter.

I have the bestop bikini, half metal doors. That's what I run year round, and it does really come in from the rear, so my wife got me a Bestop windjammer for Christmas, WOW what a difference !!No more wind from the rear, I can actually feel heat from the heater, pretty nice with the weather we're having now. I would totally recomend one.:cheers:

I really like mine. More of a sun deterent and for wind. I don't think you will regret intalling a bikini.

besttop

Usually run topless and doorless but in this winter I broke down and put my best top doors and bikini on. Believe it or not they do make a difference with the heater on in an Arkansas winter.

I have a self-made bikini top

sun protection yes

wind protection no - in fact, you can freeze 'yer ass off big time :eek: - ask me how I know :rolleyes:

make no mistake, I love the bikini top - when it's warm :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom