DIY Tundra Brakes (BBK) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As long as you get Tundra calipers for your LC/LX year you are fine, no drilling, as there is no reason for 2016+ 200's to install Tundra brakes.

You do not need custom lines for Tundra calipers. Read my posts in this thread to see how you can use Tundra lines for not much cost, part numbers included. It will also work with a lift as Tundra lines are longer.

So your options are:

16 calipers and drilling

Tundra calipers for your year, plus Tundra lines and the bracket with a small cut.

I take it as people are just hopping onto eBay and seeing what tundra calipers are available. I wouldn’t be as picky about the year matching, just avoid 16+ tundra.. otherwise you could go 16+ cruiser and save having to adapt the brake lines.

These rotors might be worth looking at. Advics A6F048 high carbon.
Is that just the factory rotor without a Toyota part number?

Stock but cast from a different/higher grade of iron, should be G4000. It has a higher carbon content over their regular offering… which should increase thermal conductivity (measurable, not huge, but up to 10% better) if done correctly. The big unknown here is we don’t know what grade Toyota casts the 2016+ rotor from, or the Tundra rotor for that matter. Being an OEM supplier for Toyota certainly is promising.

Lots of good info here. Are there definitive lists for either doing the Tundra or 2016+ LC upgrade? I think I’d prefer the Tundra upgrade on my 2011 so I won’t have to drill anything. I just want to make sure that is accurate due to all of the updates throughout the thread.

Lots of good info here. Are there definitive lists for either doing the Tundra or 2016+ LC upgrade? I think I’d prefer the Tundra upgrade on my 2011 so I won’t have to drill anything. I just want to make sure that is accurate due to all of the updates throughout the thread.

As mentioned before, 2007-2014 Tundra calipers will bolt right up without having to enlarge the ears on the LX/LC's knuckle. You'll just need to get the hard lines and soft lines along with that to make it work.

As mentioned before, 2007-2014 Tundra calipers will bolt right up without having to enlarge the ears on the LX/LC's knuckle. You'll just need to get the hard lines and soft lines along with that to make it work.
are these parts number needed besides the tundra calipers....
left 473520C010
right 473510C020

are these parts number needed besides the tundra calipers....
left 473520C010
right 473510C020

You also need these two

passenger side: 473160C091
driver side: 473170C031

Those are the hard lines that connect from the caliper to the control arm, then connect to your soft hoses. They're cheap, i bought mine for like $7-8 each i think back then from McGeorge toyota.

s-l1600.jpg

You also need these two

passenger side: 473160C091
driver side: 473170C031

Those are the hard lines that connect from the caliper to the control arm, then connect to your soft hoses. They're cheap, i bought mine for like $7-8 each i think back then from McGeorge toyota.

s-l1600.jpg

thank you!

@hblx570 let me check my tote of parts, i think i have the brackets for the hard lines.

i'll dig them out tonight. and post up pics.

Bracket to attach the hardline:
47353-0C020,
I messed up and ordered 4.
Have 2 extra

20231025_212216.jpg

For anyone that hasn't seen a side by side (I don't recall seeing one here in this specific thread) here's a pic of the difference between the older rotor and the newer 2016+ rotor. I went with Advics for rotors and calipers. Chose Akebono Performance version of their pads as it suits my driving style. I've already enlarged the holes with the 9/16 reamer bit which took like 30 seconds to a minute for each hole. The way others were describing their experience it sounded like it was going to be a nightmare lol

As you can see, it's definitely worth the upgrade for the larger diameter rotor and bigger caliper.

20240315_111951.jpg

20240315_112220.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom