Diy tilting fridge slide advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com
I guess I havn’t learned my lesson after the drawer system because now Im thinking I’ll build my own tilting fridge slide.

Planning on making a DFG style tilting slide because it looks like an easy approach. Just aluminum angle cut nicely and pop riveted together. Ive got a nice sliding miter saw and aluminum cuts almost as easy an wood so I think its in my wheelhouse.

Anyone got any idea what gauge aluminum I should go with? Planning on a somewhat small 24x16 35qt set power fridge. Anyone have an aluminum fridge slide either self built or from one of the manufacturers? I want to stick with aluminum because it so easy to cut with a miter saw.

Reactions: r2m
I guess I havn’t learned my lesson after the drawer system because now Im thinking I’ll build my own tilting fridge slide.

Planning on making a DFG style tilting slide because it looks like an easy approach. Just aluminum angle cut nicely and pop riveted together. Ive got a nice sliding miter saw and aluminum cuts almost as easy an wood so I think its in my wheelhouse.

Anyone got any idea what gauge aluminum I should go with? Planning on a somewhat small 24x16 35qt set power fridge. Anyone have an aluminum fridge slide either self built or from one of the manufacturers? I want to stick with aluminum because it so easy to cut with a miter saw.
Minimum 0.0625" (1/16"). I believe the forces you're looking at exerting will be tensile and not shear, so 0.0625" should be strong enough.
If you want to share your design drawing, I can give a better idea of what would be best.
If 0.125" (1/8") doesn't cost too much more, it wouldn't hurt to go larger. I have a tendency to over build if it's not too cost prohibitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom