1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling annoying door alarm

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by clownmidget, Feb 6, 2004.

1. clownmidget

clownmidget SILVER Star

Has anyone disabled the annoying door alarm in a manner that doesn't interfere with any other functions? Please elaborate and slow my descent into madness.
    Thanks
    Mike R.

2. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

[glow=black,2,2] Ummm , when it comes to Ambulances , a simple snip of the blue wire has helped ... can suually access it through the pillar seal . Imagine it's from the door pin ... not sure how this would manifest itself with the whole alarm thing though .... [/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

on my 92 it was as easy as leaving the door open, listing for the buzzing, find the box(kick panel, driver side) and unpluging it.

Hmmmm I don';t remember the new 100 buzzing with the door open ???

4. Darwood

Darwood

In my Tacoma I was able to disable the door alarm by unplugging a plug that connected to the ignition. By doing it this way I still retained the lights on warning buzzer which really isn't that much of a concern in the 80's since the lights automatically shut off.

I think this is similar to tyler's suggestion. I should have checked this option out when I had my dash apart.

5. clownmidget

clownmidget SILVER Star

Mmm, maybe this deserves a write-up :D. I did this in my 1990 4Runner but it was pretty involved so I didn't mess up the alarm system, interior lights, etc. The little speaker was part of a larger circuit board involving the lights, alarm, etc. so I had to solder it out and install a jumper/resistor. A big pain but no one ever complained about the absence of that noise - especially the guy that bought the truck from me. Thanks for the input though, appreciated as always.
    Mike R

6. firetruck41

firetruck41

Remember the headlights shut off when you open the drivers door after turning off the engine, so you want to keep the door switch intct for that at least, I suppose.

7. Sammy Jenkins

Sammy Jenkins

There was a problem at the beach and I happened to get into the truck, but the alarm system was still going (locked it with remote, but unlocked it with key). I tried at least 5 minutes to try to stop the annoying alarm system with the remote and not make a scene. Couldn't take it anymore, so I just cut the wire under the hood for the actual sound of alarm. Problem Solved!

- Sammy Jenkins
    FZJ80 40th Anniversary

8. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Sammy, I think that if you had just started the truck it would have reset.