Disabling annoying door alarm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone disabled the annoying door alarm in a manner that doesn't interfere with any other functions? Please elaborate and slow my descent into madness.
Thanks
Mike R.

[glow=black,2,2] Ummm , when it comes to Ambulances , a simple snip of the blue wire has helped ... can suually access it through the pillar seal . Imagine it's from the door pin ... not sure how this would manifest itself with the whole alarm thing though .... [/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

on my 92 it was as easy as leaving the door open, listing for the buzzing, find the box(kick panel, driver side) and unpluging it.

Hmmmm I don';t remember the new 100 buzzing with the door open ???

In my Tacoma I was able to disable the door alarm by unplugging a plug that connected to the ignition. By doing it this way I still retained the lights on warning buzzer which really isn't that much of a concern in the 80's since the lights automatically shut off.

I think this is similar to tyler's suggestion. I should have checked this option out when I had my dash apart.

Mmm, maybe this deserves a write-up :D. I did this in my 1990 4Runner but it was pretty involved so I didn't mess up the alarm system, interior lights, etc. The little speaker was part of a larger circuit board involving the lights, alarm, etc. so I had to solder it out and install a jumper/resistor. A big pain but no one ever complained about the absence of that noise - especially the guy that bought the truck from me. Thanks for the input though, appreciated as always.
Mike R

Remember the headlights shut off when you open the drivers door after turning off the engine, so you want to keep the door switch intct for that at least, I suppose.

There was a problem at the beach and I happened to get into the truck, but the alarm system was still going (locked it with remote, but unlocked it with key). I tried at least 5 minutes to try to stop the annoying alarm system with the remote and not make a scene. Couldn't take it anymore, so I just cut the wire under the hood for the actual sound of alarm. Problem Solved!

- Sammy Jenkins
FZJ80 40th Anniversary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom