Alarm delete HELP!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a 96’ 80 series with an alarm system that is killing me! It is so sensitive and I want to delete it. I took apart power dash to discover the module and sensor with all the wires, was able to cut out the speaker, but still trying to figure out how to delete the module without any issues.

When I unplugged the wires from the unit, and then reattached the battery, the truck had power but won’t turn over or start up. Thinking it had to do with the starter motor and starter key wires slots (pictures below).

Any insight into this?

IMG_0145.png

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0152.jpeg

Search through google, ih8mud 80 series alarm delete. This has been covered extensively. Read a couple Threads.

Usually there is only one wire that is interrupted, probably those white starter wires. You need to follow those and re connect. The rest will tap into other wires and will need to be removed and Usually a t tap cleaned up.

So after searching on here, I saw a lot for the common RS3000 system… mine is an aftermarket possibly….? I will check those bigger white wires that run up towards the steering.

So after searching on here, I saw a lot for the common RS3000 system… mine is an aftermarket possibly….? I will check those bigger white wires that run up towards the steering.
Stop guessing. The answer is in your 2nd photo. You need to reconnect the original circuit. Not much different than factory alarm removal. It's 90s technology. Get a voltmeter and learn the basics of 12v auto electronics. Certain things have constant power, and certain things have power only when you turn the key.

And please don't leave those wires just taped up like that.
Follow then back and terminate then correctly

White with Red should be connected to the ignition switch circuit. Turn ket to "Start" position and check for 12V.

Ohm meter set to continuity check white wire to starter (pull from the starter connector). If continuity, connect white to White/Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom