Diff armour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is mine cut.

Looked into pipe cap and it comes in at $10 less than the TG model so thinking on going with the TG unit. Curious about the panhard rod interference issue. Is this a common experience with the trail gear unit?

Thanks

Last edited:
Looked into pipe cap and it comes in at $10 less than the TG model so thinking on going with the TG unit. Curious about the panhard rod interference issue. Is this a common experience with the trail gear unit?

Thanks

I did the weldable pipe cap on both 80s and works a treat. One pipe cap can be cut in half and serve two front diffs.

I did the weldable pipe cap on both 80s and works a treat. One pipe cap can be cut in half and serve two front diffs.

I see mud and other junk getting in behind that arrangement. Did you cut drains?

I cut my top off at an angle and that eliminated any issues with the panhard interfering

I cut my top off at an angle and that eliminated any issues with the panhard interfering

So the angle you show did the trick or did you have to cut it again after cycling your suspension?

Just won this from Low Range Off Road, for my front diff.

Will get it welded on soon.

So the angle you show did the trick or did you have to cut it again after cycling your suspension?

It did the trick. If I were to jump my 80 and fully compress the suspension through the bumpstops i would probably get some slight contact, but in general wheeling it's not hit.

If you don't mind, do you have a picture of it?

Curious too

20210610_201132.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom