Determine transmission in 1995 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings and happy holidays.

I have recently purchased an 80 series and want to know what transmission the vehicle has (particularly for determining which transmission filter to buy) as I begin to baseline it.

The PO did a door jam paint job with a bed liner style paint to match the color of the vinyl wrap of the vehicle and painted right over the driver’s door panel sticker. Are there any tell tale signs visible on the transmission itself that could tell me which model it is?

Cheers,
Nick

There should be an ID plate in the engine bay rear stating transmission type, paint code etc.

heres one off the net

1703668365989.png

There should be an ID plate in the engine bay rear stating transmission type, paint code etc.

heres one off the net

View attachment 3517967
USA spec trucks don‘t have this ID plate on the fire wall. This info is on the VIN sticker on the driver side door jam. As mentioned VIN search above is your best bet. VIN is on the left driver side dash

USA spec trucks don‘t have this ID plate on the fire wall. This info is on the VIN sticker on the driver side door jam. As mentioned VIN search above is your best bet. VIN is on the left driver side dash
Thanks for the advice here. Mine is definitely missing the plate in the engine bay. Thanks everyone.

Tranny should also have an Aisin part number label attached to it.

Just take a picture of the pan and post it. Usually if it has a small skid plate welded to the pan it’s an A442F and if not it’s a newer A343F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom