MUDShip Desperate Help Needed for my Son - 3/4 tub from Seattle, Washington to Paradise, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Good morning (As I write this) my dear Mud community :)
My name is Josh Wells and I'm desperately looking for someone to ship a 3/4 tub only from Seattle, Washington to Paradise, CA.
The tub is being purchased for my 17 year old son and I wanted to give you a brief back story on him to help you understand why I'm trying to make this all work?
My son was born in Costa Rica, and for the first 5 years of his life my wife and I raised him with the help from our 1977 BJ40 Land Cruiser :)
Fast forward (Trying to make this short). to November 8th 2018 a fire broke out in my home town of Paradise, CA. The entire town was leveled and everyone in my family lost their homes to that fire except for us.
We spent two and a half years living out of a travel trailer while I repaired our heavily damaged home with insurance coverage that barely covered material costs so I had to take on nearly all the repairs myself. Not only did I lose my livelihood I also had to dedicate the past five years just to making our home a home again.
My son through out ALL of this chaos maintained an honor roll GPA and now in his senior year is part of a program through his high school called "College Connection" where a small hand full of qualified high school students attend our local community college (Butte College) in order to complete their final required high school corses and take their first prerequisite courses in order to transfer to a four year state University.
It's a very challenging program but he is driven to make it work for his future.

Back to the reason I reached out. We found a 1981 FJ40 Land Cruiser we were able to pick up for $2500. We never thought a Land Cruiser was in the cards for him just simply due to the cost, and working with an already shoe string budget. The cruiser needs a fair amount of work but we were able to get it running the second day after we purchased it. In order to make it road worthy it needs a new tub as the tub on this cruiser is absolutely trashed with cancer rust EVERYWHERE. Nearly all the body mounts are all but gone! I guess you get what you pay for LOL.

Thanks to Mud and a good friend of mine Kevin for finding a deal on a new but defective 3/4 tub, a tub I'm more than confident I can resurrect, there is a chance we can make this all work.

Anyway, I have taken enough of everyone's time. Any help would be very much appreciated as I'd love nothing more than to make this small dream of my son's become a reality.

Best Regards,
Josh Wells
530-966-1300

IMG_4026.jpeg

F' me. Time flies.

And wow. Those are the old-school pinewood wheels from when I was a kid. Where the heck did you get those?
My wife and I entered our kids in a pinewood derby race through our town’s recreation department… I might have had some influence on how they shaped out lol!

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom