Desmogged late 77 charcoal canister question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working little on the fuel system and acquired this charcoal canister but am curious where broken off portion by tag goes?

Also with desmogged application is there any chance to replace with other canister noted to keep it simple? Or can I remove the transistor looking portion and just use three ports on top and one on the bottom?

061891B4-6000-4D7C-AB1F-FE7D763B2415.jpeg

CE1F378B-9D51-494B-9525-3DC25D8B6E90.jpeg

Here are some pictures of my 1/78 model to give you an idea of where that goes. I’m unsure of the second part of your question 😃
C6EA578B-8FB8-417D-97E1-00A9E43AF36F.jpeg

12569737-CB53-4FCF-BC17-61C64D0B6F6D.jpeg

260BD5B6-980F-427C-8FA0-873424EE06EB.jpeg

96A7950E-72E3-4145-AC69-890ED52998E5.jpeg

Great pics, With the nipple being broken I am curious what to do here. I am dropping somethings off at powder coater 3 hours away and curious if it is worth getting this bracket and canister coated?

However I would think someone has the part that attaches to the canister then everything is good.

Great pics, With the nipple being broken I am curious what to do here. I am dropping somethings off at powder coater 3 hours away and curious if it is worth getting this bracket and canister coated?

However I would think someone has the part that attaches to the canister then everything is good.
Let us know what the powdercoater says about doing the canister.

Will do, is this something not typically done or at least have it blasted and have bracket coated then I can repaint.

I chemically stripped the canister and brackets and painted them with VHT paint. The part that holds it to the fender was powder coated. I might be selling the part you need since I’m going sniper kit in March.
0335E497-418C-4507-82A5-B901203B68CA.jpeg

Oh, that is beautiful! Well I am interested if you choose to I would grateful for sure!

The transistor thingy is your Outer Vent Control Valve. It opens when the key is off to let fumes from the float bowl collect in the cannister. Key on and it closes to let manifold vacuum suck everything out of the canister via the purge port once the other vacuum/temperature parameters are met.

I wouldn't try and powder coat the canister. It's full of all kinds of gasoline stuff. Even if it wouldn't catch fire or whatever in the oven it'd likely screw with the powder directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom