Desmog turned into EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did you guys deal with the throttle cable . The thread I’ve been using as reference is from a FJ40 so it’s different.

74CC1C8C-BF41-4037-9803-1B86A8D31EBA.jpeg

I ran that charcoal vacuum line to the inner most port on the sniper, capped the large middle one, and ran the vacuum advance from the distributor to the outermost one on the sniper.
I kept the VCV valve in the purge circuit to eliminate any vacuum loss at low rpm. The switching vacuum comes directly from the advancer port and not through the BVSV (The stock temp gauge sender now lives in the BVSV-1 hole.)
VCV.jpg

I kept the VCV valve in the purge circuit to eliminate any vacuum loss at low rpm. The switching vacuum comes directly from the advancer port and not through the BVSV (The stock temp gauge sender now lives in the BVSV-1 hole.) View attachment 2494366

Sweet. I actually got a new one of these because i was having that “dizzy explosion” in the cab. Was going to replace before the sniper, but didn’t. I think i am going to try this. Thanks for the diagram.

woudo you by chance have a pic of it in line? the advance part and the top of dizzy routing as well. thanks

Sweet. I actually got a new one of these because i was having that “dizzy explosion” in the cab. Was going to replace before the sniper, but didn’t. I think i am going to try this. Thanks for the diagram.

woudo you by chance have a pic of it in line? the advance part and the top of dizzy routing as well. thanks
Dizzy explosion? Explain please.

under_psi said: " woudo you by chance have a pic of it in line? the advance part and the top of dizzy routing as well. thanks "

I'm using a DUI distributor instead of the stock unit, so I don't have any dizzy cap plumbing. In fact, I'm using the VCV that was used for the dizzy cap venting, in it's clip under the air cleaner, and re-purposed it for the charcoal canister setup. I WILL post a pic(s) when I get home, in a couple of days.

What happens to the small pipe below? Do you simply cut it and block it? I'm tackling the same thing and noticed the small pipe gets in the way of the sniper throttle. Does this pipe not have a purpose when desmogging a 2F?

pipe.jpg

What happens to the small pipe below? Do you simply cut it and block it? I'm tackling the same thing and noticed the small pipe gets in the way of the sniper throttle. Does this pipe not have a purpose when desmogging a 2F?

View attachment 2497063
I cut mine off and plugged that pipe on my Sniper upgrade. I used manifold vacuum for any hook ups after conversion.
SimS

Dizzy explosion? Explain please.

It’s a puff of firing remnants. Often happens when its warm out side and the truck sat for a few hours. I was perplexed. It’s a sound i was hearing in the passenger footwell followers by a somewhat sulfur-ish smell. I researched it here. Same name dizzy explosion. It’s vented into that area i think.

under_psi said: " woudo you by chance have a pic of it in line? the advance part and the top of dizzy routing as well. thanks "

I'm using a DUI distributor instead of the stock unit, so I don't have any dizzy cap plumbing. In fact, I'm using the VCV that was used for the dizzy cap venting, in it's clip under the air cleaner, and re-purposed it for the charcoal canister setup. I WILL post a pic(s) when I get home, in a couple of days.

Cool. I have a DUI distributor on order, but manufacturing delays have me strung until 12/3 last i checked. Will revisit that vcv reinstall then. Thanks

Does anybody happen to have a good thread to wiring the Sniper ? I'm just starting that now and would love some ideas.

Wiring is pretty simple for the 2F. You only need to use the 7-pin plug. The other 2 plugs aren't normally used for this application. I added a relay/fuse box to provide a little power "headroom". I have 2 relays triggered by the switched +12 volt that originally went to the coil/igniter (replaced with DUI). These relays provide switched power to the Sniper and the fuel pump. You CAN use the Sniper's built-in 15 amp fuel pump power supply....I just chose not to.

Are these the areas I pick up switched power and negative from the coil ?
How did you guys tap I to these wires ?

EA02DDA8-CC99-4AAC-A097-17A49DF07822.jpeg

2CE63B8D-DD01-4E23-A2E2-EAEC44E1931E.jpeg

Oh man, I'm excited to read this thread, as you complete your swap! I keep wanting to go to fuel injection, but I have a freshly built 383 SBC in my garage. I keep thinking that if I'm gonna buy a sniper/FiTech for the Land Cruiser, it should be the 4 barrel one, and I should just swap that 383 into the old girl. But, that's opening a much bigger can of worms. I'm tired of having to change my start up procedure seasonally. It makes the Cruiser a lot less fun to drive. Ill be following your swap. Perhaps I just put injection on the old 2F!

Top pic is connector to the decel fuel cut-off solenoid, so......no. The other side of that connector has a switched 12v but is also connected to a lot of other stuff, so I wouldn't use it.
Bottom pic....not sure. My old connector is long gone and the colors don't look right. I'll refresh my memory and get back to you (if no one else does first).. Do you have the FSM wiring diagrams? If not, PM me your email and I'll send a pdf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom