Depos but not NeonDials (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried these depos from Latvia? I’m sure they import them just like NeonDials does. Maybe just a more cost effective solution. I emailed them and they said they are made of glass. I’d be up for buying them and reviewing them for Mud but disposable cash is isn’t my strong suit.

Headlight Set Crystal Clear For TOYOTA Land Cruiser 80 1990-1997 Headlight Set Crystal Clear For TOYOTA Land Cruiser 80 1990-1997 | eBay

Has anyone tried these depos from Latvia? I’m sure they import them just like NeonDials does. Maybe just a more cost effective solution. I emailed them and they said they are made of glass. I’d be up for buying them and reviewing them for Mud but disposable cash is isn’t my strong suit.

Headlight Set Crystal Clear For TOYOTA Land Cruiser 80 1990-1997 Headlight Set Crystal Clear For TOYOTA Land Cruiser 80 1990-1997 | eBay

Pardon my ignorance, I don’t know anything about aftermarket headlight options... What benefits do these have over stock headlights?

These are clear lenses as opposed to refracted (I think that’s the right word) lenses. A lot of guys like the look of these and others prefer these for properly done HID projector retrofits. Basically, when using any newer lighting technology other than a different halogen bulb, these are needed

When I followed the link, I thought "Depo's for $150"? Im going to snag an extra pair. Then I saw the $80 shipping from Latva.
That puts them in the $230 range. Add in say $30-$50 for adapter harness and bulbs. $280 max. Still cheaper than $340 from neondials.

The depos just by themselves have a better light pattern then stock. I have mine converted to HID. My buddy had broken head light mounting from people over tightening the bolts. The depos were way cheaper than buying a new oem lamp.

Scott

There doesn't seem to be any indication if these are for Left Hand drive or Right Hand drive, is that an issue with aftermarket headlights? Or do they make them universal which may not be DOT compliant?

They show _J80_ but they don't specify L or R...

Dan.

I dont believe the depos are DOT. Mine are what they call "E-Code". An E inside of a circle located in the lower corner, which I have been lead to believe are euro only. I dont know if that makes them universal or not. I can tell you, when I bought my HID projectors, I had to specify RT or Lt drive.

Scott

The ‘E inside the circle’ -is E-code.

If you have a tough state, E-codes aren’t DOT approved, so keep in mind if you get visual inspections - you technically could get ‘dinged’. -(we don’t & I’ve never lived anyplace/kept my LC registered in Skagit county even when I really resided in King).

I’ve never asked, but E-codes for RHD countries might have to have a designation - when I bought the for my VW/BMW’s they were always LHD but always were Hella brand as well imported to USA.

Depos IDK - but mine have projectors too. And were from the time when they were easy to buy 5-6yrs ago.

I used to import this headlamp, I may get more in my next shipment. So to clear the cloud, this headlamp can be both RHD or LHD, you will want the LHD model. E-code is European Spec headlamp and provide more light on the road and sharper cut off at the top of the low beam where DOT provide less light on the road as The US DOT mandates a dispersed pattern that puts a percentage of the light output up and to both sides of the road so that overhead or roadside signs are illuminated which may not have other lighting or reflective characteristics.

After almost 2 months, I finally received the order. It took a while as the seller did not actually have them in stock, they offered to refund the order a couple times due to the delays, but since I had used a 15% coupon so I did not want to lose that discount. A couple days after they shipped and they were here within a week. It will be some time before I actually have a chance to retrofit and install them, but at least we know it is a legitimate option.

I used to import this headlamp, I may get more in my next shipment. So to clear the cloud, this headlamp can be both RHD or LHD, you will want the LHD model. E-code is European Spec headlamp and provide more light on the road and sharper cut off at the top of the low beam where DOT provide less light on the road as The US DOT mandates a dispersed pattern that puts a percentage of the light output up and to both sides of the road so that overhead or roadside signs are illuminated which may not have other lighting or reflective characteristics.

What about fitment for LX450s?

^^^ @NLXTACY -Pretty sure the situation was you have the same HL bolt-up as late LC’s core support & you can still use your ‘sunny side up egg’-sidemarkers, but you need a LC grill / (or maybe Dremel your 450 grill?) -for it all to fit.

I seem to recall from my old 450 the inner lense slants where the LC is perpendicular, so there’s gap or interference when trying to push a LC lense next to 450 grill.

I think that’s what started Treeroot down that rabbit-hole that ended with the Satoshi type grill & all that back 5+ yrs ago.

Other 450 guys - did I get that right from memory?

Just buy depos?

This thread is about Depos, just from a different seller than NeonDials. I took the leap and they are the same thing, just without the plug and play kit, just the housings. This worked out for me since I plan to do a HID retrofit so the bulbs and conversion harnesses would just be tossed anyways.

So although shipping a while, they are legit glass lens Depo’s? Do seem good quality? Do you think they are the same manufacturer?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom