DEPO Lights with a Slee Harness (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^X2 on the extra light being amazing.

Sorry for the confusion. If @JaketheSSnake or @Dragos80 have a specific question feel free to PM me. This write up was intended for us who have the Slee Harness. If, you are using the Innovative Harness or no harness at all it changes things.

Regardless, if you are running over-wattage bulbs you may want to consider getting the Slee Harness. Also, just for the record pin 85 and pin 86 are interchangeable on the relays I used.

I think part of the issue is the wiring was set up for use with the Slee harn. What's $48...it only money:flipoff2:

It took me a long time to get it set up myself. I purchased the colored wires just as the OP did and tried to get the same exact relays. I printed up all the diagrams and made notes on the paper, labeled all the wires, switched all the pins on the relays so the colors corresponded to the way he had it set up. I'm good at copying, however, it was a major pain but in the end well worth the effort, the extra light is outstanding.

Now I know where to go to, so I can have it fixed!

just re-discovered this thread and ordered up some Depots to bake and paint the inners of..... noted that NeonDilas claims they're low on inventory for anyone considering them.... although I recall that's been the case before and he always seems to find more...

will be ordering up the Slee harness today and going to install 130/80 Hella bulbs...

LAST 7 SETS DEPO EURO SPEC Headlights FOR 91 92 93-97 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 636676411057 | eBay

I was debating the 7" headlight upgrade but opting for this plus a Satoshi modded grille for now....

E

Is it a bad idea to connect the H4 High to H1 by a single wire?
Meaning, when the high beams are on the H1 would feed the high filament on H4.

8. Reinstall everything. Zip tie what you want to and enjoy the light!

That's it. I test drove it tonight. Wow, the high beams throw a LOT of light. They were bright before, but this is an improvement. After I have a few evenings to drive and adjust them I'll report back.
Is there not a complete plug and play harness out there?

8. Reinstall everything. Zip tie what you want to and enjoy the light!

That's it. I test drove it tonight. Wow, the high beams throw a LOT of light. They were bright before, but this is an improvement. After I have a few evenings to drive and adjust them I'll report back.
Is there another harness out there to modify as you did? Apparently Slee has been out for while. RallyLights jerked me around for 2 weeks till i canceled my order. Thanks

Is there another harness out there to modify as you did? Apparently Slee has been out for while. RallyLights jerked me around for 2 weeks till i canceled my order. Thanks
Not that I am aware of. If you can wait, it'll be worth it.

Wait?! Who does that..? But yea, Thanks. Good write up.
I forgot to mention. At times, I have seen the harness for sale in the classified section. My guess it, people buy them, never install them, and sell their rig. Or, just never install them.

You may want to check on the Innovative harness. I looked into this in an effort to achieve what my mod accomplished. I forget if they were out of business or just didn't offer what I was looking for. Good luck.

I forgot to mention. At times, I have seen the harness for sale in the classified section. My guess it, people buy them, never install them, and sell their rig. Or, just never install them.

You may want to check on the Innovative harness. I looked into this in an effort to achieve what my mod accomplished. I forget if they were out of business or just didn't offer what I was looking for. Good luck.
Good info. Thanks again. I’ll look into both options. Stay safe.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Great write up and I wired my Slee harness with new Depo lights for full H4 functionality and it's an order of magnitude better than my stock lighting. My soldering has improved significantly as well.

So I know this is years later and I’m not sure if you guys are still on this but I started this mod last night and I just can not seem to figure it out(Slee harness w/ Depo lights). I did the passenger side of the harness and hooked it up to double check it was working correctly…I’ve double checked and triple checked my wiring against doughboys thread and I’m not sure if I’m missing something…. But below the first photo is of the H4 lows on but when I go to turn the highs on, only the H1 bulb turns on…. I’m not sure if i possibly got the wrong relay as I’m just learning about relays and how to read a schematic 😂

8DC6B43D-79C5-49B2-9F5E-1B48BC16612B.jpeg

D34AEF75-9057-48CA-9F58-24E3B12FA315.jpeg

EB323172-D004-4244-A139-130ECBD6D90C.jpeg

942582C6-2986-494C-B689-95BF1DE2F96D.jpeg

I am kind of busy today. I should have some more time this weekend to check out your situation.

I would suggest swapping the relay out. You could have a bad one. That, and/or double check the connections on the relay. This article may help you pinpoint your problem. Don't worry about the high-low current stuff. Focus on the 5-pin relay information and how it works. Be sure the high beam wire from the Slee Harness is split. One side goes directly to the H1 bulb and the other to Pin 86 (trigger) on the relay. When you turn on your high beams the H1 AND Pin 86 will be energized.

Let me know what you find out.

Last edited:
I am kind of busy today. I should have some more time this weekend to check out your situation.

I would suggest swapping the relay out. You could have a bad one. That, and/or double check the connections on the relay. This article may help you pinpoint your problem. Don't worry about the high-low current stuff. Focus on the 5-pin relay information and how it works. Be sure the high beam wire from the Slee Harness is split. One side goes directly to the H1 bulb and the other to Pin 86 (trigger) on the relay. When you turn on your high beams the H1 AND Pin 86 will be energized.

Let me know what you find out.
Thank you, I did just that. I went back and focused on the relay and I figured out somehow I swapped the wires to 30 and 87a.

I’m not sure if this photo will help anyone in the future but here’s my install on the passenger.

CABDD092-CC40-4CDD-B418-7F5F7CB2D0DD.jpeg

Thank you, I did just that. I went back and focused on the relay and I figured out somehow I swapped the wires to 30 and 87a.

I’m not sure if this photo will help anyone in the future but here’s my install on the passenger.
That's great! You will be impressed with the light output.

Let us know what you think!

Hell yeah way better I’m so glad I Finnaly did this, I still have to adjust them though… I had a couple options to pick from as I had em laying around in the garage from another project but the photos below I have some hella 130/90 watt halogens and then I ordered the Auxito Led 6000k from Amazons that I read about on on one of these threads… and then I just have the hella ambers in my H1 socket so you might see a yellow tint for the highs.(keep in mind that I’m covering one headlight as I’m only using 1 halogen and 1 led in the other to compare)

ABAAD515-D027-49E4-A8BC-55AC84CCB28C.jpeg

EE6A68B8-160E-4B9B-B796-2562F1C3634E.jpeg

79093943-2AF9-4908-ADC7-C71B42367A15.jpeg

6660402D-D7D1-41C0-880C-A57AB63C11F8.jpeg

@TNwhite80

A few things to keep in mind. I was not happy with LEDs in this mod. They produced too much "light scatter". There are countless threads about using a LED bulb in a non-projector housing. Most say, don't do it. I tend to agree with that as the light scatter blinds on-coming traffic.

If you are going to run 100+ watt halogen bulbs they get hot. I have had to replace the H4 connectors on my rig a few times. Probably, every 4-5 years. If your lights begin to flutter, or not work, that is most likely the culprit. When you buy the H4 connectors be sure to get ceramic ones. They seem to last longer.

Enjoy the light!

Last edited:
That's great! You will be impressed with the light output.

Let us know what you think!
@TNwhite80

A few things to keep in mind. I was not happy with LEDs in this mod. They produced too much "light scatter". There are countless threads about using a LED bulb in-projector housing. Most say, don't do it. I tend to agree with that as the light scatter blinds on-coming traffic.

If you are going to run 100+ watt halogen bulbs they get hot. I have had to replace the H4 connectors on my rig a few times. Probably, every 4-5 years. If your lights begin to flutter, or not work, that is most likely the culprit. When you buy the H4 connectors be sure to get ceramic ones. They seem to last longer.

Enjoy the light!
Yeah I noticed that when I tried to adjust the LEDs… I left the halogens in…. What halogens do you recommend?

@TNwhite80

A few things to keep in mind. I was not happy with LEDs in this mod. They produced too much "light scatter". There are countless threads about using a LED bulb in-projector housing. Most say, don't do it. I tend to agree with that as the light scatter blinds on-coming traffic.

Enjoy the light!
Good info on the 100 watters. I'll have to check my connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom