Delta VS rear bumper sneak peek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know one thing that always sticks out to me when i see photos of a rolled over 80, is how poorly the A pillar's hold up. Elsewhere on Mud I've seen photos of 80"s that have rolled over at low speed, that have had their A pillar's almost smashed flat with the top of their doors. As much as I'm not a fan of roll cages, seeing this level of damage keep repeating, it kind of makes me think a roll bar running down/parallel to the A pillar's, might not be such a bad idea after all.

You know one thing that always sticks out to me when i see photos of a rolled over 80, is how poorly the A pillar's hold up. Elsewhere on Mud I've seen photos of 80"s that have rolled over at low speed, that have had their A pillar's almost smashed flat with the top of their doors. As much as I'm not a fan of roll cages, seeing this level of damage keep repeating, it kind of makes me think a roll bar running down/parallel to the A pillar's, might not be such a bad idea after all.
80s are far from safe by modern standards. Everyone likes to pretend "it's such a tank bro" but the reality is a modern hyundai is significantly safer. I'm not saying that means a roll cage is a good idea or would keep you safer in an accident, but it does mean defensive driving is very important.

80s are far from safe by modern standards. Everyone likes to pretend "it's such a tank bro" but the reality is a modern hyundai is significantly safer. I'm not saying that means a roll cage is a good idea or would keep you safer in an accident, but it does mean defensive driving is very important.
"Built like a tank" often means too much force is transferred to the occupants in a collision as well, rather than absorbed by the buckling vehicle. Kind of like shaking an egg around inside a metal box. In the video DVS posted the shop mention the front bar, which is a lot lighter than a DVS, took the damage well and actually bent the frame horns. The assembly can only be as strong as its weakest link, which in the case of DVS equipment is going to be what ever it's bolted to.

I wouldn't assume adding bumpers makes makes my vehicle significantly safer in a high speed collision. Bumpers are there to offer utility and protect the vehicle on the trail in sub 20mph contacts where I'm less likely to exceed the capacity of the frame points the bumper is bolted to.

/$0.02

Some of you may know we recently moved shops, and to celebrate this we are giving away an 80 series rear bumper. While the move has been 100% awesome, we did manage to have one minor mishap with a rear bumper. It has the slightest blemish of the powdercoat on the driver side rear face. That’s it. Nothing else is wrong with it. We just can’t sell it as a new bumper that is up to our standards.

SO, every order OVER 100$ that is placed from now until the end of March (2023) is over and done with, AND USES COUPON CODE “BeTheDelta”, will be entered to win the bumper. The winner will be chosen at random by an online random number picker April 5, 2023 at noon mountain time. Will have to figure out how to have a live Instagram broadcast of it or something.

The winner will:
1. Receive the base rear bumper and all mounting hardware and have the option to purchase add-one to be delivered at the same time (swingarms, tire carrier, etc)
2. Be responsible for freight costs from our shop in Idaho (or welcome to come pick it up!)

May the odds ever be in your favor.

Last edited:
Some of you may know we recently moved shops, and to celebrate this we are giving away an 80 series rear bumper. While the move has been 100% awesome, we did manage to have one minor mishap with a rear bumper. It has the slightest blemish of the powdercoat on the driver side rear face. That’s it. Nothing else is wrong with it. We just can’t sell it as a new bumper that is up to our standards.

SO, every order OVER 100$ that is placed from now until the end of March (2023) is over and done with, AND USES COUPON CODE “BeTheDelta”, will be entered to win the bumper. The winner will be chosen at random by an online random number picker April 5, 2023 at noon mountain time. Will have to figure out how to have a live Instagram broadcast of it or something.

The winner will:
1. Receive the base rear bumper and all mounting hardware and have the option to purchase add-one to be delivered at the same time (swingarms, tire carrier, etc)
2. Be responsible for freight costs from our shop in Idaho (or welcome to come pick it up!)

May the odds ever be in your favor.
LAST DAY

Any update on the rear bumpers?

Websites states unavailable for order.
have the second prototype back from powder, just need to squeeze in the time to test fit and make sure all the updates work/fit correctly. once that is verified will reopen ordering.

have the second prototype back from powder, just need to squeeze in the time to test fit and make sure all the updates work/fit correctly. once that is verified will reopen ordering.
Pre-Christmas orders possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom