Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m self conscious because my tires are small in relation to my lift and the wheels are sporting trashique flaky chrome, but I’ll fix it.

@Delta VS Team Delta has some neat products. In regards to suspension mods, the 80’s are a few decades behind everyone else.

It’s due to the recent affordability (or former affordability) and the fact that thIs specific suspension setup is unique to this particular platform.
🤔 huh? The only part I comprehended was that Delta makes good parts.... absolutely true!

@Delta VS I am running 4" OME Competition Coils, which were on the truck when I bought it. I am running 37" tires. The measurement between the axle mount and the frame mount bolt centers for the panhard is 5". Based on that information, I am assuming I will want to order the standard 3" bracket, correct? Also, the previous owner removed the bump stops completely, however there are rubber stops inside the coils (see photo). Are these type of stops acceptable replacements for the factory bump stops? Or should I get some factory bump stops and spacers? Thanks!

80 Spring.jpg

@Delta VS I am running 4" OME Competition Coils, which were on the truck when I bought it. I am running 37" tires. The measurement between the axle mount and the frame mount bolt centers for the panhard is 5". Based on that information, I am assuming I will want to order the standard 3" bracket, correct? Also, the previous owner removed the bump stops completely, however there are rubber stops inside the coils (see photo). Are these type of stops acceptable replacements for the factory bump stops? Or should I get some factory bump stops and spacers? Thanks!

View attachment 2412978
Those bump stops in the coils are the factory bump stops. Very few 80s (early ones only?) came with bump stops bolted under the frame rails, but all 80s have the holes for them.

View attachment 2412978

3" is definitely the way to go for anything less than 5.5" of lift (generally speaking). Your 37s will likely contact your wheel wells before anything else makes contact, and they might even contact enough for you to run a 5" bracket, but hard to say without access to vehicle.

Ordered mine on Monday and received it Thursday evening. Got it installed today, lots of my wrestling with the bolt for the rear link, both removing and installing. My spring interfered with removal of the existing bolt. Ended up pulling the tire and then raising and lowering with the jack to get it done.

Only a few miles on it after finishing up, but the difference is noticeable. My truck drives so much better, the nervous fanny is dust. Landtank caster correction plates and the Delta’s panard lift bracket have me tracking straight.

C2DBF9D3-F3F5-40E2-A2CD-2DA6CB328459.jpeg

Last edited:
I finished mine last week. I noticed the reduction in body lean backing the Cruiser up to take it for it fist spin. The Cruiser rides flatter and has less of the sloppy body roll. I did notice that the steering is a bit more edgy and responds to the slightest of inputs. Overall well worth the investment.

About 2k miles now on the new suspension system and I'm super happy with the Dobinson 3" lift and all the Delta components (rear panhard, front radius arms, front bumper, bump stop and sway bar drops.

I have much want for the Delta rear bumper.

@Delta VS any plans for rock/frame sliders, I am imagining and like the idea of a matched front, rear, and slider matched set 🍻🇺🇸

Screenshot_20200905-223858.png

Screenshot_20200905-224126.png

Screenshot_20200905-224312.png

Last edited:
Apologies if this was covered in the 13 previous pages. If so just point me to the post and I'll take a look. I have a OME 3 inch lift on my '97 FZJ80 and am currently using an adjustable rear panhard rod. I am going to install a Delta VS panhard lift soon but wanted to know if I needed to acquire an OEM Panhard rod or if I could adjust/shorten the current rod to fit to the new lift bracket. If I am able to use the adjustable panhard, how long is the OEM panhard rod? Is that even how long it should be Or is there a good reference someone cam point me to on how to properly adjust the length of the panhard once it is installed with the lift bracket so that it is the proper length?

After some searching did find some information on the lift bracket but no dimensions or recommendations on using OEM vs Adjustable rods.

Thanks

Scott

Apologies if this was covered in the 13 previous pages. If so just point me to the post and I'll take a look. I have a OME 3 inch lift on my '97 FZJ80 and am currently using an adjustable rear panhard rod. I am going to install a Delta VS panhard lift soon but wanted to know if I needed to acquire an OEM Panhard rod or if I could adjust/shorten the current rod to fit to the new lift bracket. If I am able to use the adjustable panhard, how long is the OEM panhard rod? Is that even how long it should be Or is there a good reference someone cam point me to on how to properly adjust the length of the panhard once it is installed with the lift bracket so that it is the proper length?

After some searching did find some information on the lift bracket but no dimensions or recommendations on using OEM vs Adjustable rods.

Thanks

Scott
Measured a stock one and posted it somewhere, will have to do it again and edit the original post since it gets asked occasionally. You SHOULD be fine re-adjusting and aftermarket one, but some don’t get short enough. From memory, it’s something like 42.xxx”, but not sure. Any way about it, it certainly wouldn’t be a terrible idea to use it to get your track just where you want it. If you DO do that, make sure you stuff both sides to check for tire-fender clearance though.

Thanks

Scott
I went down this rabbit hole a while back. And there are some great YouTube videos.

*Edit* I saw Delta Dave posted while I was putting this reply together, he's the expert. I'll measure my stock rear and front panhard today and post them below. The stock measurements would be a great resource for those to have a reliable starting point.

1997 FZJ80 Stock Panhard center of bushing eyelet to eyelet:

*Front xxx
*Rear 41.5"

As stated in the post below there is no single number for a panhard rod, it's vehicles and weight specific.

Search youtube for "Panhard measurement and adjustment" lots of great videos.

Once you know your suspension is settled and the rig is weighted "normally" (all the normal stuff you carry) you basically measure from 2 fixed points, one on the axle and the other the frame to outside wheel, body to outside wheel, and adjustment / center the axle from there.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Seems like I need to do some math. Good place to start getting this set up correctly.

I
Thanks guys. Seems like I need to do some math. Good place to start getting this set up correctly.
Busy day, I'll get those measurements for you

Thanks brother, no rush.
@slock stock rear panhard I'm right at 41.5"

I'll put the numbers up in my original reply.

I still need to play with mine, I'm about 1/16-1/8 off on the front last I checked (new lift) but my springs have finally settled so I'll spend some time dialing it in. Let me know what measure points worked for you.

@slock stock rear panhard I'm right at 41.5"

I'll put the numbers up in my original reply.

I still need to play with mine, I'm about 1/16-1/8 off on the front last I checked (new lift) but my springs have finally settled so I'll spend some time dialing it in. Let me know what measure points worked for you.
Will do. I am ordering parts and this is on the list for the build.

Will you guys have panhard mounts for Toyota Land Cruiser Troop carrier HZJ78?
Thanks
Do they have the same axle? We won't have them unless somebody brings an HZJ78 by the shop or sends an axle housing to us.

Do they have the same axle? We won't have them unless somebody brings an HZJ78 by the shop or sends an axle housing to us.
I believe the axel is different in size yes! I am looking to put DWIZ Differential Rear Track Correction Landcruiser 70, Serie, for the rear but for the front it will be a custom one... Where is your shop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom