Delete ABS but not LSPV? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read many threads about deleting the ABS and am preparing myself to do it. HOWEVER, I am not really wanting to delete the LSPV. Every thread ive read removes both.

Can the ABS be removed without deleting the LSPV?

But why? Most who have deleted abs report nothing too negative about ditching the lspv. I think that, when i do this, I will consider using a manual proportioning valve.

i got rid of my lspv and haven't had an issue, saved me 130 by just installing a t fitting. personally I think the brakes work better now that the valve is out especially when the truck isn't loaded up.

I often drive with the back of the truck loaded up with people or stuff, so a brake system that adjusts for weight changes makes a lot of sense for me. I have no desire to manually adjust every time I load/unload the back of the cruiser.

Hence my desire to keep the LSPV.

My understanding is that the lspv decreases rear braking power when unloaded which means you would have full braking power to the rear at all times without a proportioning valve.

Full power meaning, whatever maximum is for the system.

Just deleted the abs and lspv this weekend. Whilst some people have reported not needing a manual proportioning valve, I definitely do. Even with some weight in/on the truck, the rears are locking up before the fronts in the dry. Overall braking is considerably improved from before, just a bit too strong on the rear.

Just deleted the abs and lspv this weekend. Whilst some people have reported not needing a manual proportioning valve, I definitely do. Even with some weight in/on the truck, the rears are locking up before the fronts in the dry. Overall braking is considerably improved from before, just a bit too strong on the rear.

This is exactly why i want to keep my LSPV.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I kept my lspv. Didnt even think about removing it tbh.

And hows it performing? Did you note much difference in brake performance after removing the ABS? What size tires are you running?

Tyres are 285s. Pedel felt a little firmer, thats it really. I hated the thing in snow, once a few sensors needed replacing it was time to throw it all over my shoulder. Did it a fair few years ago now.

Just go pull your abs fuse and see if you like it
I pulled fuse and all wiring and harness crap off the axles, then cut the lspv rod and bolted it up to full braking in the rear how land cruiser Phil suggest.
I can lock up my 37s no prob and am glad I got rid of abs, mine would always come on, I left the sensor in the knuckles so nothing could get in there dirt wise

My ABS doesnt do anything that I am aware of other than kill my breaking performance.

Ive only ever once triggered it, a guy in front of me made an unexpected stop mid-road and I slammed on the brake and had such horrendous breaking that I had to jump the curb and dart around him.

I think my issue is that there is air and junk in my ABS module, so not sure that pulling the fuse will impact that? Happy to be corrected though if Im wrong.

Also, is there any ECU impact from pulling the ABS that needs to be dealt with? I assume no as I havent read anything, but I believe the computer checks the system for readiness and functionality? Isnt that why there is an ABS light on the dash?

I have wondered if air doesn't become trapped in the lspv feed back line or whatever that second line to/from the lspv is.

This probably sounds stupid to some (I have that effect) -

I've monkeyf*cked with my LSPV enough over time, spring swaps for 3 lifts, bleeding fluid - it is bound to be wrong & frankly - old and a POS when doing fluid push.

I'll yank mine & add a portion valve underhood while keeping the ABS next time the brakes merit getting cracked open.

To me this seems the way to get back the braking (or try no ABS w/ the fuse pulled) - get the pinchpoint/orifaces out of the flow line & go with a simple valve up front.

Now with a real boat hauler truck I can pull the receiver for all I care (prob won't as a North Shore bike rack seems probable now) - so I can get the bias set once & be done personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom