Definitive list of AHC maintenance items (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got mine setup and everything done up to the point of connecting to the ECU, it doesn't connect???

I'm going to try some changes tomorrow and try again.

Guys, zero luck on this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times and when I get up to the point of connecting the laptop to the LC, it says unable to connect to ECU.

Any suggestions?

Guys, zero luck on this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times and when I get up to the point of connecting the laptop to the LC, it says unable to connect to ECU.

Any suggestions?

Operating system details? 32 bit or 64 bit OS? Drivers for cable are 32 bit only. 64 bit windows will require running a 32 bit version in a virtual machine...

Tip:
Grap an old laptop running Win2000 or XP 32 bit, and the success-rate goes up.

If you also want to run the FSM, make sure the IE and PDF-reader are old versions as well, e.g. IE-6 and Adobe Reader 6. Then you won't have problems with the funny space-characters or questions if you really want to run active content.

There is no need for a big screen, networking, printing, or even a working optical media drive, as long as there is a working USB port for a memory-stick. A new battery is normally quite cheap these days.

Any suggestions?

32 bit XP, disregard any "auto update" and "login to register" messages, replace the .bin (IIRC) file in techstream with the orphan file that's provided on the mini cd. There is a bunch of good info in the tundra.net forum, search "TechStream" .It seems that there are multiple iterations and releases of the mini cd with different readme txt so keep working it. Is the vci light coming on when its connected to your USB? and do you get the USB device connected icon showing up in the bottom task bar? If so this should indicate the vci driver is loading.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Operating system details? 32 bit or 64 bit OS? Drivers for cable are 32 bit only. 64 bit windows will require running a 32 bit version in a virtual machine...

It is a 64 bit operating system. So I need to find an older laptop to run it on?

Thanks for the replies, great information. I will try it out with an older laptop and see how it goes.

It is a 64 bit operating system. So I need to find an older laptop to run it on?

If you have an older one lying around that would be easiest. Otherwise if it's Win 7 Pro you can install an "XP Mode" for free.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

Basically downloads and installs XP in a Virtual PC. Then you start up that virtual XP installation and install Techstream within there. One more button click to allow the virtual PC to capture the usb cable and then it should work just fine...

If you have an older one lying around that would be easiest. Otherwise if it's Win 7 Pro you can install an "XP Mode" for free.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

Basically downloads and installs XP in a Virtual PC. Then you start up that virtual XP installation and install Techstream within there. One more button click to allow the virtual PC to capture the usb cable and then it should work just fine...

Got it, I'll try one pf my work computer's,I think it's running XP.

Just replaced the rear coils on my '03 LX with new and turned the T-bars three turns (each "turn" equals 360-degrees on the adjustment bolt). The old coils, as you might guess, are "shorter" than the new ones, by maybe 2.5" or 3", as seen here:

picture.php

Today's effort took about an hour and a half, working at a very relaxed pace. Admittedly, having installed two full OME kits in the past, this isn't new territory. Next is to flush the fluid and use the Techstream software that just arrived to check and see where we stand versus spec.

BTW, truck has 111k miles on it currently and is ten years old.

Hi super90,

I'm in the same ballpark '03 with 150k. i think one of the globes is leaking as I can hear the scratchy sound once in a while when it goes up. With your experience with the ahc and the ome, do you think it is worthwhile to change the springs in my situation or just swap to an ome setup?

Appreciate ur comment.

Gary

I should clarify. I have installed OME kits in trucks that were conventional suspension trucks, not AHC trucks (my '03 TLC for example). I have yet to remove the AHC from a truck to install an OME kit.

Personally, I'm trying to make the AHC in my LX last as long as possible. It currently works as it should. I consider the work I'm doing to be preventive maintenance to try and keep everything in spec so as to reduce any excessive effort needed from the AHC system.

I would say, find out exactly what is wrong with your system, what it costs to fix, and then you can decide. The decision to convert from a troubled AHC truck to a conventional setup (ie OME, or even an OE Toyota setup) is a personal one and depends on many factors.

R.

Hi super90,

I'm in the same ballpark '03 with 150k. i think one of the globes is leaking as I can hear the scratchy sound once in a while when it goes up. With your experience with the ahc and the ome, do you think it is worthwhile to change the springs in my situation or just swap to an ome setup?

Appreciate ur comment.

Gary
What's a leaking globe?
Either it's busted/flat (out of nitrogen or ruptured) or it's leaking fluid onto the ground. In either case, there wouldn't be a scratchy sound.

I have ordered one and should show up somewhere end of October.

I see the AHC as a huge potential for major $$$ drain. I got ahead of the curve and had Slee install OME with Slee diff drop. Now it's bullet proof and I don't have to worry, just drive. Plus the lift looks great with the Slee step rock sliders. Even the guys at my local Lexus dealership that own 100's changed their Hundys to OME.

I see the AHC as a very handy thing to have if the Vsi 50 laws ever happen in Australia.

What it means is you can only have a TOTAL of 50mm (2 Inch) lift or tyres or body lift above standard.
So if your running 33in tyres you can lift it 1 inch that's it!!

I see the AHC as a very handy thing to have if the Vsi 50 laws ever happen in Australia.

What it means is you can only have a TOTAL of 50mm (2 Inch) lift or tyres or body lift above standard.
So if your running 33in tyres you can lift it 1 inch that's it!!

Sorry for your government problems. Guess you better invest in your AHC and keep it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom