Current for York A/C clutch

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Visit site
I am running off of a direct fused circuit now. I think I have it fused at 7 amps, but I am sure I am no where near that. If you have the relay, it certainly won't hurt.

Visit site
I have a 20 amp relay running mine. That magnetic clutch looks like it would draw more than 5 amps, which most 12v switches are rated @ 3a. It may be overkill but when your changing a flat with your impact gun in -20 degree weather, you won't be complaining.

Visit site
No I don't have a relay laying around, but as I was re-wiring some of the truck last night, I realized it may not be a bad idea to install one hooked up to the ignition circuit so that I don't overload the ignition circuit with all the accessories that need a keyed line(radio, CB, lights, York). I figured I would go get one of those 3 or 4 pole Ford starter solenoids, and I could hook up as much to that as I wanted without fear. I probably should get an extra fuse block.

Visit site
I measured it once and I seem to remember that it is about 1 amp, so you shouldn't have any problem just running it off the ignition circuit like all the other cars that use it.

Visit site
Turns out that even without the York, I'm already drawing too much current from the ignition circuit. When I flip on my 2 Hella's my radio cuts off then back on from the voltage drop. Time for a relay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom