Crushed By a Large Tree (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Side note, I was thinking of switching to Allstate and asked for an agreed upon value to insure and they will only do it for classic cars under 3k miles a year or something like that :-/
That way they only have to pay out actual market value on vehicles .05% of the time.

Looking at the second picture there is a lot of weight on the rig. Not a good sign. I'll go out on a limb and offer positive thoughts that the house roof broke enough of the fall that the rig roof can be repaired.
Out on a limb!

Looks like the house absorbed a lot of the kinetic energy. The mass of the tree is one thing, but the force of that mass unchecked would do hella more damage to the 200. Good luck with the repairs to everything.

I dont think its going to be pretty under that rack sadly. Subscribing for updates!

We're all making guesses based on limited photos. But if you've ever felled a healthy tree, let alone one of that size, you know how unbelievably dense and heavy they are.

It’s been a rough few weeks around here…

F189A9B6-82C8-414F-8D0F-6638D1196B33.jpeg

4C272282-45AB-4C62-9BD7-80FA0FD4B678.jpeg

38CBAE49-1708-4E43-BC42-14DB643D6F4F.jpeg

I hate to think of the pressure applied to gutter rails/seam from the feet of the rack upon impact. I doubt that damage could be repaired feasibly. Hopefully it looks better than we expect.

that dodge got absolutely ****ed over

We got the tree off the car yesterday. Here are a couple of pics. I’m hoping to get it towed tomorrow or the next day so that I can get an assessment of the damage next week. There is a portion of the roof that did bend down/inward, but the sunroof glass is intact.

View attachment 3256835

View attachment 3256838
I think with a little Paintless Dent Repair you’re good.

/s but seriously, I do think that rack might have prevented a lot of damage. The body panel gaps still look good. Have you tried the doors? I’m hoping its fixable and that the truck is still square and right!

Look at all the sawdust! How cool would it be if the tree guy is one of the few who have a YouTube channel.

Obviously requires a closer look but that crease above the window doesn’t look too bad. I had very similar damage on my 200 in basically the same spot (drove through a tight rock arch on a road in Utah) and a high end body shop fixed it.

Side note, I was thinking of switching to Allstate and asked for an agreed upon value to insure and they will only do it for classic cars under 3k miles a year or something like that :-/

This is common. With state farm in have agreed value on 4 vehicles. They don't specifically limit mileage but I can't daily them. And with my lightning due to its newer age I had to show it's rarity and exceptional cost to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom