Cruiser Shops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like an alternator issue. Have you checked continuity on the alternator to make sure it’s actually hooked up?
Check continuity on the main power post to the positive battery terminals.

Not sure how easy it is to get ahold of a 24V alternator for (I assume) a 12HT but that would be a good start.

Hey fellow muddies,
I have an hj61 with a charging prob. Just got it imported from Japan. Just put new batteries in but I’m slowing watching the volts drop (while running) from 28...27...26... now I’m scared to go anywhere. Pretty sure it’s the alternator, but the alt literally looks clean, like it’s recently been dealt with/removed/cleaned etc. I have a volt meter and I’ve been educating myself little by little to check stuff but you can’t learn this stuff overnight. so...I need a cruiser mechanic that knows 24volt vehicles, that can troubleshoot elec/charging issue. Any suggestions? Tampa area. Thanks in advance.

Hey Dr!

On Nebraska Avenue, there is a Diesel repair shop that have worked on cruisers before. I have seen 60’s 62’s and 40’s on their lot but have never used them, so i “can’t” recommend. Their shop is just behind an AUTOZONE close by the Toyota Dealership.

There is also TOYHOUSE, who specializes in Toyotas. They are in US 301.

Good luck!!

Thank you! I will check them both out.
Although I may have been overreacting because today I went to drive the cruiser and when I started the vehicle the voltage went up to 28. And stay there for about five minutes. Then I shut the vehicle off and came home. So I’ll have to watch it for another few times and see if it remains normal. Maybe it was just a sticky dash voltmeter?

Possible.

Guys I am working on opening a LC shop in the St Pete/Tampa area. I have a factory trained master mechanic that all he has worked on for the last 20 years are 40/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 series Land cruisers LOL.. We will be doing general maintenance to full on engine swaps, rebuilds, and conversions.
NIce! When will you know when you're opening?

Hey guys, in addition to welding/fabrication I can now also offer custom machining/prototyping assistance, and 3D modeling.
I can also offer rebuilding services for Cruiser drivetrain components such as differentials, transfer cases, manual transmissions. Let me know if I can help your project!

I can drop off my 4.56 3rd and have you set it up with that new ARB I've been carrying around.

Shoot me a PM. We may stop by Maitland this Saturday (early) on the way up to Crystal River.

Bill.

Hey guys, in addition to welding/fabrication I can now also offer custom machining/prototyping assistance, and 3D modeling.
I can also offer rebuilding services for Cruiser drivetrain components such as differentials, transfer cases, manual transmissions. Let me know if I can help your project!

I can drop off my 4.56 3rd and have you set it up with that new ARB I've been carrying around.

Shoot me a PM. We may stop by Maitland this Saturday (early) on the way up to Crystal River.

Bill.

Bring it on by. :smokin:

Cuisermatt. I may need your services. Need some TC/tranny work, a new clutch, and some minor rust remediation.
I’m in Tampa FL. Do you have time/availability?

Back from the dead! Looking to do some maintenance and clean up to my 100 in St. Petersburg. Any recommendations?
I occasionally take on work, let me know what you're looking for.

I'd be interested in a recommendation for a LC mechanic in Palm Beach County. My dad just got into a GX and I'd like to keep him away from the dealer if possible.

Hey all - I'm trying to locate a trusted shop near Jacksonville / St. Augustine that knows the 80-series well. I'm working with a private seller to purchase a 1997 rig and a pre-purchase inspection would just ease my nerves a bit. Any recommendations are very much appreciated. Thanks very much! Suj

Hey all - I'm trying to locate a trusted shop near Jacksonville / St. Augustine that knows the 80-series well. I'm working with a private seller to purchase a 1997 rig and a pre-purchase inspection would just ease my nerves a bit. Any recommendations are very much appreciated. Thanks very much! Suj
don't know any shops up there, but I or @cruisermatt would probably take a look.

Wow, that would be incredible. The truck is halfway between Jacksonville and St Augustine. I didn’t think that Gainesville or Orlando are that close, so I don’t want to put anyone out.

^^^ That's in my neck of the woods...but I doubt I could find any spare time in the near future.

I recently picked up a new project (I should text you, Matt), so any time I have to spend on a Cruiser, needs to be spent there.

Good luck - Wish I knew somewhere to point you.

- Brian

No problem. I understand. Any chance you have experience with a shop called Norman’s? If not, it’s cool. Good yelp reviews so just thought I’d ask. Thx!

What about Orlando shops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom