Cruiser Shops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greetings from North Carolina! Realize this is an old thread but any updates on recommended indy shops? I'm originally from Tampa and my family now has my 100 series there so just looking for a place to help them with preventative/routine maintenance. And an resource in case something bigger comes up although I already did the timing belt, water pump, etc. Thanks in advance!

Hey boss! PM me and i can help you with a quality repair shop. Only shop that touches my Cruiser besides me..

I am taking on work as well in Orlando if anyone needs it. Let me know!

CruiserMatt's Off-Road

Just moved to New Smyrna from GA. All my tools are still back in GA but I need to replace some wheels bearings and hunt down a knocking/clank in my front end. (pretty sure it is either lower ball joints or wheel bearings). I could probably find a competent local shop but just prefer to work with places that are experienced with Toyota.

Dont know of any, but welcome to florida. New Smyrna is great and awesome beach, watch out for the sharks. Seriously...

All of A1A has amazing beaches.

Just moved to New Smyrna from GA. All my tools are still back in GA but I need to replace some wheels bearings and hunt down a knocking/clank in my front end. (pretty sure it is either lower ball joints or wheel bearings). I could probably find a competent local shop but just prefer to work with places that are experienced with Toyota.
I'm in school in Daytona, but don't really trust any of the shops around here. But if you want to meet up sometime or if you need help I'm willing.

I'm in school in Daytona, but don't really trust any of the shops around here. But if you want to meet up sometime or if you need help I'm willing.

I appreciate it. I might take you up on that. I'm able to do the work but all my tools are back in GA and I probably won't have them here for several months!

Just as an update I found Toy Connection in Holly hill who specializes in Japanese cars. They have a Toyota master mechanic there.

Back from the dead! Looking to do some maintenance and clean up to my 100 in St. Petersburg. Any recommendations?

Anyone recommend a shop that can balence my drive shafts? Changed the u-joints last week and now have a vibration..I am based out of Lake Nona (south East Orlando)
Thanks

Advanced Driveline off John Young Pkwy. They’ve built or balanced about a dozen driveshafts for me.

Thanks Matt. Will.pay them a visit on Friday

Thanks Matt. Will.pay them a visit on Friday
I’ll second advance driveline. They set up my FJ’s blown rear end and were great to deal with. They are an ‘OLD SCHOOL” type shop that everything is written down on the calendar by hand. I’d go there again without a doubt.

Used Advanced Driveline. Had them balance both shafts. Great crowd there and I would definitely recommend them. Thanks for the tip @cruisermatt

If anyone needs metal fabrication or welding in the Orlando area give me a shout. Bumpers, roof racks, sliders, custom suspension, etc as well as non-automotive projects. I can also take on some machine work.
I can work with any metal, steel, stainless, aluminum, as well as exotics.

6AC156A2-CD14-4192-8AB2-011EEA3D9A97.jpeg

415D2BA1-AD38-45CA-AC80-67EFEB52B2E3.jpeg

046A58B5-FB4D-4EE7-85DB-59DFCB79B740.jpeg

790AA262-9953-4026-85E4-AF81F969F94E.jpeg

1F7C3B7E-CF6A-478C-99DF-EC0E55174E7B.jpeg

While technically not in Florida (Thomasville, Ga. / 30 miles northeast of Tallahassee) Odd Iron Off Road maintains a number of Land Cruisers from Florida's Panhandle.

Hey fellow muddies,
I have an hj61 with a charging prob. Just got it imported from Japan. Just put new batteries in but I’m slowing watching the volts drop (while running) from 28...27...26... now I’m scared to go anywhere. Pretty sure it’s the alternator, but the alt literally looks clean, like it’s recently been dealt with/removed/cleaned etc. I have a volt meter and I’ve been educating myself little by little to check stuff but you can’t learn this stuff overnight. so...I need a cruiser mechanic that knows 24volt vehicles, that can troubleshoot elec/charging issue. Any suggestions? Tampa area. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom