Cruiser Head (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have any more information on what this is in the red box? Is it an illumination for the switches?

View attachment 2894203
It is a illumination bar. I had one. Shipped it off for a tooling quote for reproduction and decided it wasn't worth it. I've found three different executions on this part, US, OZ which you've highlighted and the European. I haven't seen a fourth, but maybe a South African part, who knows.

Europe 1.JPG

The one I had... It has one bulb, and then a Lexan bar that transferred the light across the switches with the tan piece over the top directing the light downward via the small reliefs you see above the switches. The bulge between the cig lighter and the first switch was where the bulb inserted on the back.

Australia and Japan.jpg

The one I had... It has one bulb, and then a Lexan bar that transferred the light across the switches with the tan piece over the top directing the light downward via the small reliefs you see above the switches. The bulge between the cig lighter and the first switch was where the bulb inserted on the back.

View attachment 2905868
Id like to add that light bar feature to the US model version, It would be nice to have a little extra light at night. I was able to get pictures and rough measurements from a guy in Australia but I cant make one with pictures alone. I think there's also a lens inside that bar to help diffract the light which would be an interesting problem to solve for a reproduction.

So this is likely mentioned somewhere on this forum but thought it was specific enough to add it here. Got a bezel from @ChaserFJ60 (Thanks Chase). Went about finding some paint to match my existing dash color. Think I found one thats pretty close to OEM without going into custom colors. Its definitely not perfect but even my fuse cover is a slightly different shade than the steel part of the dash so this might be close enough for now. Open to ideas on something closer but thought I would share here what I found. HTH:

Dash3.jpg
Dash4.jpg

Im trying to pull away from etsy on to my own thing. I made a new website where all my products will be listed.

I'll be going through a name change as I plan on expanding to more than just FJ60 parts. I will be slowly transferring my product line to the "Cruiser Head" name. :cheers:

New website is Cruiser Head - https://cruiserhead.com/
15% off store wide sale until 01/30/2022!
CruiserHeadMan.png

Mr. Cruiser Head​

Last edited:
I make FJ62 HVAC panels custom here, factory fit. Can be made custom or choose from a selection

I'd make the illumination shade when/if I get my hands on one
I saw the switch panels before. Those are pretty sweet. If you produce an illumination shade for the HVAC bezel switches I am absolutely in for one!

FJ62 Guys are getting some-more love, I need somebody with an FJ62 to do a final test fit for this prototype Ash tray replacement panel.

Requirements for free prototype piece are as follows.
1. You must install yourself
2. You must install within 24hours of receiving product ( I can see tracking #)
3. You must provide install pictures within 24hours of receiving product.

If you meet these three simple requirements you can keep a prototype / final production piece. Prototype version will be just like the one shown but in Black. This panel replaces the ash tray with slots for 4 Carling sized switches. I will pay shipping for the prototype (USA only.)
PM me to inquire.

No longer taking Inquires

Ill update THIS post if I find a taker.

FJ62 Bezel with carling insert.jpg

Will be posted on Cruiser Head - https://cruiserhead.com/ when complete

Last edited:
Are you making bezels for the narrow type 61/62 switches?
FJ60 Bezels? Im working on a version with 62 switches but its not on the top of the list to do just yet. If sombody wants one I can have it available on my shop sooner, probably by Monday if I needed to

Great minds think alike?

I did the exact same thing in October. Put a new version in my truck last weekend.
Guess so! Ive been getting requests for one from Facebook members for a while, Didnt have the resources to make one until recently when I got a FJ62 bezel with all the hardware in it to reference.

the FJ62 MOB is Chaser'ing Chase for the Goods ! :D

1643972690472.png

1643973605353.png

1643973638208.png

Sure wish there was a good way to get the OEM inclinometer into a 62 dash rather than on top of it. If memory serves, only in-dash jobs I've seen for them have been in FJ60 dashes.

not so fast sassa-frass ....

:cool:

think OEM NON -USA single DIN TUNERS ............ fj62

CHASE can then hand Craft u This :

1643994130594.png

1643994094601.png

1643994192826.png

Not a bad idea really. I haven't settled on what I'm going to get for a new radio yet, so if I can find what I'm looking for in a single DIN size that would let me do the inclinometer....

are we staying period correct OEM or straying from MY Period Correct Flock as usual Spook 🤔.

the Teq Sky is your Limitless Play Ground in all LED if you stick with a winner you can never loose ................

DSCN2108.png
70756FAE-83BF-4F3A-89C9-6F33F1C01B4E.jpeg

are we staying period correct OEM or straying from MY Period Correct Flock as usual Spook 🤔.

the Teq Sky is your Limitless Play Ground in all LED if you stick with a winner you can never loose ................

An OEM 60 series inclinometer of course is the ticket! Interesting thing is since they come with a built in clock, that makes me wonder what I can fit in the clock opening of the 62 dash once I have an inclinometer. Oh the possibilities....

@ChaserFJ60 what would pop into your mind for that small opening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom