Cruiser Head 70s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiserhead.com

Finally I have a 70 series product available, there will be more to come in the near future!

The Diff Lock Switch insert available here

This switch plate allows for the seamless relocation of your factory Differential lock switch to an easier to reach place to either the left or right of your instrument console.
This is 3D printed out of ASA, a tough material that is 10x more UV resistant than ABS. This product is avaliable in its unpainted state and in a satin black coat for a cleaner ready to install version.
[Sold as a blank insert, The Diff Lock Switch is not included. This is only the panel that the Diff Lock switch is inserted into.]
70 Series instrument panel showing locations of insert Rendering of switch insert

I sized it up and a regular Carling switch is too tall to fit in the blank, If there's any other layout you'd like to see offered in this panel please let me know and I'll make it available if possible.

If there's a 70s product you'd like to see modified or something that isn't available in the larger market please feel free to leave a suggestion, Or if there's a custom part you'd like made feel free to contact me at
or post here in the forum.

Ordered and thank you!

:cool:

Torn as I like to keep things original in the factory e-locker switch location but that is a far better and cooler location.

I'll be ordering one for my BJ74 :D

Can you turn 1 DIN slot into a cup holder or the ashtray to a pull out cup holder? i know there are 1 DIN cup holder already exist but the old design from Nissan is a better option. Would be nice if it says land cruiser in front of it.

I have to pass on the switch plate as I have power mirror control on that location and h4/hub lock on the other. my elocker switch is not going anywhere.

s-l1600.jpg

Took me long enough! Here's the first attempt at a color matched bezel. I used a bit of paint trickery to mimic the texture of the original piece onto my new 3D printed piece. More to come soon in the following few days!

Pictured below we see the original OEM bezel on top with the new 3D printed version below.
Comparison70sLogo.jpg

This next picture is what the bezel looked like fresh off the 3D printer before it was painted!
3D prints dont always come out looking fantastic but with a little sand paper and paint they can be completely transformed into a fantastic addition to your Land Cruiser.
Comparison

I was thinking about tossing the altimeter in my 77 and using that spacs for my gauges and cb. In order to do so i would need to create a box and bezel, i’ve been wondering how i am going to do that. If you could help that would be great. I was thinking a rectangular box/cover would be suffice t but something sleeker angled wouldnt hurt.

Thank you!

New 70 Series hood struts available here!

In partnership with @c2dfj45 we now offer these top of the line High Quality hood struts! Incorporating a super low profile design and using only the highest of quality materials avaliable, these add the perfect touch to any build while staying out of your way!
Hardware7.jpeg
Install3.jpeg
Install7.jpeg

:cool:

Torn as I like to keep things original in the factory e-locker switch location but that is a far better and cooler location.

I'll be ordering one for my BJ74 :D

Does your BJ 74 have factory electric lockers or did you modify ? Only asking as I thought all the BJ74's with Factory lockers where cable

Does your BJ 74 have factory electric lockers or did you modify ? Only asking as I thought all the BJ74's with Factory lockers where cable

Added from 90+ 7x. So 9.5" elock rear and 8" HP front.

What year did the BJ74 get the 8" HP front ? Did it still keep the 13BT ?
BJ74 runs from October 1985 through December 1989. None came with high-pinion front Diffs. The 13BT went away with the BJ74.

Added from 90+ 7x. So 9.5" elock rear and 8" HP front.

BJ74 runs from October 1985 through December 1989. None came with high-pinion front Diffs. The 13BT went away with the BJ74.

Yeah ok which is what I thought so did Kurt swap out the 9.5" front for a 8" HP ? Or is he just saying he used the e-lockers from that model ? I found his build thread but it didn't make it clear which is why I was asking as I had never seen a BJ74 with a HOP Front

Yeah ok which is what I thought so did Kurt swap out the 9.5" front for a 8" HP ? Or is he just saying he used the e-lockers from that model ? I found his build thread but it didn't make it clear which is why I was asking as I had never seen a BJ74 with a HOP Front

The entire front & rear axles (locked) came from a 90+ 7x.

Sorry for the delay! Been trying to get things out and this summer has had me slammed!
The 70 Series interior bezel is now available for purchase here!
70sWithGaugeslogo.jpg

70sInstalledlogo.jpg

Photo credit to @Will Van

I'm curious on what layouts of this bezel you all might find useful? Maybe carling switches, a full cluster of gauges? Let me know and I can make more variants. The Goal of these products is to allow you to install new aftermarket components as easily and cleanly as possible.

As they are asymmetrical it looks like left hand drive only. The original is ambidextrous.

As they are asymmetrical it looks like left hand drive only. The original is ambidextrous.
Thank-you for pointing that out! I can easily make a RHD version by mirroring the model. I added a new driver side selection in the listing to accommodate this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom